Smash Saturdays: 10p

The July Smashdown is off. We're going into the Team Smashdown sometime in August. If we did one this month, It would have to be next Saturday since I can't on the 30th.

We still have time to figure this out. I'm currently annoyed about something that happened at work so I'll stop posting.

@Eliwood8: Smashdown this month is off, as Krazy said. With him not plating Smash this weekend, leave the next 2 weeks to do it. Personally, I've gotten used Smashdown that are done the first Saturday of the month but once we go beyond 2nd Saturday, to me what's the point even with 5 weeks in month. The 3rd Saturday, Krazy is off so I'm using that as a factor to what's the point. An usually the last Saturdays is Failure to Launch. I decided and it up to you guys if you concur, no Smashdown this month because of my explanation above.

That out of the way, for next month Team Smashdown and any other going forward, we have the system of us regular telling us a week in advance if you can't make it for the first Saturday. So for this Team Smashdown, Eli said he will be available for 8/13 and PB will be on hotel wifi, with those variable factors in play. I've notice we got more playesr to play around with. Normally, when one or two ppl can't make it for a Smashdown we postpone or we try to find player. (mostly go for the former) With that said the more players @TheBarkinHyena and @Ithrak Utopia come to mind to ask when we are short for 4 players on that night. If we ask and your available, could you sit in for those who can't make the night?

It would go a long way, not delaying Smashdowns cause of prior engagements and Krazy Cooldown stream every 3rd Saturday of month. I feel with this we have more options outside delaying now and asking ppl if they want and are available to play on the schedule Smashdown night, if not there's still the postponed date.

So as it stands, no Smashdown this month. The Team Smashdown for next month for 8/6 is postponed to 8/13. (pending if Hyena or Joe wants to get in or how PB wifi will be on 8/13. I think it will be fine, tho)

Is that clear and everyone understands the layout for Smashdown and options we can deploy? Let me know if any of you guys have any questions, concerns or suggestions for the above.

Thank you.

25 minutes ago, Eliwood8 said:

Not sure why no Smashdown in the fourth week of July is some kind of hard and fast rule but okay fuck me I guess.

Nah, this just an observation on my part that I decided that. If it wasn't for Krazy's Cooldown Stream I would allow Smashdown past the first 2 weeks of the month.

Honestly I don't see the point regardless of 4-5 weeks in a month when as I said the last Saturday is saved for Failure to Launch.

I hope you understand and no hard feeling there. Regardless there will still be Smashdowns and next month is the Team Smashdown.

10 hours ago, Eliwood8 said:

Not sure why no Smashdown in the fourth week of July is some kind of hard and fast rule but okay fuck me I guess.

Considering the attendance has been wonky for the past month or so, the Smashdowns haven't been on the first Saturday in months and myself missing 3 Smash nights this month due to prior engagements, it is not that big of a deal to skip this Smashdown. I hate going into a Smashdown unprepped and you know how that has gone. It's been so discombobulated for the past month that we should just take the break. There should be a long wait in between Smashdowns.

Also, I'm not going into what I presume to be the toughest level in a game two hours prior to focus on the Smashdown.

Yes, for a while now, Smashdown has not been happening on the first Satuday. That's not say if they weren't happening first Saturday of month, a skip wouldn't happen.

Not to bypass Krazy prep and overall feeling before an Smashdown but I appreciate when either of us regular say with enough time we can't make it to a Smashdown.

It doesn't matter if someone or some don't make on regular Smash night. I feel bad when I say I can't make it for those and believe never said I couldn't make Smashdown till this year an this month as it was a holiday weekend. It is what it is when prior engagements happen, it can't be helped.

Here's the thing tho that could be helped and stop me if I am out of line here, similar to out MK night we have special 200cc, battle and mirror mode the first Thursday and last Thursday of the month. So tho I came up with the Smashdown, I believe it was collective to do them on the first Saturday of the month. Honestly it easier to remember to something or anything when it's the first of the month. Those who race with us know race with us regularly and partake in the modes on those special night. I don't think at all we had case were we had little participation or no show for the mode. I don't expect that here but I at least expect not to remember Smashdown is the first Saturday but if you want to play on these nights to make your plans, if possible around those on those Saturday night. Yes, it is presumptuous but is humble ask if one wants to play Smashdown and not when someone wants, as there's more at play with other player availability during the month to consider. Not saying some are not considerate of that just an observation I mention to Eli with forgoing Smashdown this month cause of Krazy cooldown stream tonight.

Again I hope everybody understands where I am coming from saying this. It was a long time coming and eventually needed to be said. Since something seems be surfacing about Smashown play availability.

1 hour ago, Ithrak Utopia said:

I've got you and DL added, so I can join in later if that's still the plan. 

Yeah, the plan is to play tonight 10pm et and whatever goes.

I make the arena 3 stock, 7minutes, no items, FS or FS meter on. You can do whatever want within those parameters.

I'm gonna add Assist Trophies tonight.

It's been a while sine we had good set of items, we have had group themes or one here or there. I think we had Pokeballs for Pokemon themes but Assist Trophies are like Pokemon but with a lot of variety of what will happen when one comes out.

Should be make for some interesting things to happen, I hope.

1 hour ago, DLurkster said:

I'm gonna add Assist Trophies tonight.

It's been a while sine we had good set of items, we have had group themes or one here or there. I think we had Pokeballs for Pokemon themes but Assist Trophies are like Pokemon but with a lot of variety of what will happen when one comes out.

Should be make for some interesting things to happen, I hope.

Ok.

I'm in @ 10

Future theme possibilities 

Xenoblade 3? For an.hour/30m considering characters and stages

Mario kart 8?  Just do Mario characters and the mk track staged for 30m

Steve/Alex amiibo release wave

Splatoon 3 release wave

9/10 issue for me:  game I cover starts @ 6pm...by the time I wrap up media duties I'm probably not home till 11 to play.

Next Saturday I'm on uncles wifi and playing portable.

Saturday after that, might be the same...tbd..TBD...

Two weeks from that may or may not play....something got pushed back a week to that weekend...it could end late....or during play time...

@purple_beard: Thanks for the theme suggestions, I guess but some are for a month that is not even next month yet.

Also, yes 9/10 is a Saturday but again that is not next month and mentioning next Saturday after makes it seem like your still talking about September. I know your talking about August next month your uncle's hotel wifi. The week where we might have our team smashdown. And as you mentioned after that week that similar deal. At best we may be a player short, I still count you in for 8/6 as you played on wifi outside your house and it wasn't a problem. Same goes for the that week after, as Eli said he won't make it for 8/6 but he never said he couldn't for 8/13. So still one player short for either week.

As for tonight, it is Failure to Launch. Anyone can implement theme for that, tho as I suggest use hard hitting characters it will be hard to launch your foes off the stage tonight, You've been warned!

So I won't be on due to SummerSlam but here's the highlights video with 15 matches.

I added Bowser Jr. since Joe tends to use him a lot.

Here's the link to the full session on Twitch:

Full Twitch Session w/ additional matches at start

Also, the match wasn't included but on Wuhu Island where I was confused on how I lost my first stock, PB Ko'd me pretty early.