Smash Saturdays: 10p

3 hours ago, TKrazyO said:

A heads up, I can play this Saturday but the following on July 2nd I won't be available.

Cool for me.

As I said our respective nations b-day are in that weekend. So, I will take this opportunity to be off and relax as well.

Anyone else is free to do the same as well. Have great long weekend that weekend, guys.

37 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Do a fire emblem character theme for 3 hopes?

How nice of you to suggest that, PB.

Well, I'll be playing one of the FE character prominently, Byleth. 

As this Saturday is Failure to Launch, where you most need hard hitting character to get thru battles. I don't play with Marth and he's weak, nor Ike. (not my playstyle) For this night and I guess theme, I will bring Ike out.

1 hour ago, DLurkster said:

How nice of you to suggest that, PB.

Well, I'll be playing one of the FE character prominently, Byleth. 

As this Saturday is Failure to Launch, where you most need hard hitting character to get thru battles. I don't play with Marth and he's weak, nor Ike. (not my playstyle) For this night and I guess theme, I will bring Ike out.

I only like corrin and Roy over most but 2nd tier is byleth, Marth,Ike.  Somehow I can't vibe with lucina. Chrom is just ok. I'd like to get better with robnin.

Good games....2 sour points were that Hero guy's two long win streaks and those disconnects.

My Marth timing needed to improve...rust gave away too many matches.  Byleth play was OK.  My sonic play was OK.  As long as we played I felt I should have worked through more theme characters. 

45 minutes ago, Eliwood8 said:

Three disconnects in a row was so weird. I wonder if it actually was some sort of server problem.

Not surprisingly the heavy hitting Fire Emblem characters worked better for me with the failure to launch rules. I ought to try out more Roy/Chrom though; I very rarely use them.

Cool, you guys actually did the Failure to Launch rules. Glad, you guys did that.

Might as well post this now.

As most know, there most likely be a Smash this Saturday with 2 confirmed so far not be on, Krazy and me.

That following week going into that at weekend, I will also not be on. That week I'm going to my sister's for my niece's first b-day. (It's on the weekend and took time off and decide to spend it at my sister leading to her b-day)

That would be 3 weeks in a row I will not be on and the most at one given time as well. I will not be bring my Switch with me, I actually haven't since the pandemic started or just going out near by or whatever. I know me despite then or now with the pandemic, I'm gonna forget where I put my Switch at any time (tho I have case for it) in between when I game and to save myself the headache remember where I leave my Switch to sanitize, my Switch has only been dockless in my house since the pandemic started.

With that said the following Saturday, I come back will be Krazy's cooldown stream on July 16th. We could do the Smashdown that following July 23rd. (pending anyones availability)

Not trying to count my hens before they hatch here but I think for the first time since the Smashdown inception we go without doing one next month. But there's good news to that tho, in August the team Smashdown will commence. So tho I say we should forgo Smashdown next month, at least we have a fresh new team Smashdown for August.

Well I hope you guys have in Smash this early part of next month. I'll see you guys on the latter half of July and next the Smashdown teamfest in August.

And oh happy independence day when that happens for you guys. Our nations b-day is tomorrow as of this post.

Have a good one guys and in Smash again early next month.

16 hours ago, TKrazyO said:

Other than DL, who will be playing Smash this Saturday?

@purple_beard @Eliwood8 @TheBarkinHyena if you guys can think of anyone else.

I'll be available this Saturday but not next Saturday. I guess leading up to the last Saturday of July, we can decide on either doing the Smashdown or forgoing that and doing the team one in August.

@TKrazyO @Eliwood8 @DLurkster @TheBarkinHyena

I can play at 10 Saturday, but if no one else is going to, I have absolutely no issues in staying at the beach longer than I had planned to.  I was probably looking at leaving there between 6-7pm but I could stall till 8 if no one else is playing.... because at leaving 6-7pm I'd be back home and have had my supper and put-up stuff by then.  OR go to a further away beach where its a longer drive back... and if I do that, 10 is dubious... more like 11.... kind of watching for weather patterns too.

7/8 weather update....

Weather is getting suspect for tomorrow.... in the afternoon..... not sure what I plan to officially do.... big storms rolling through in the afternoon.... and with the cost of gas, I don't want to drive down then also spend on indoor entertainment like the Aquarium too....  Maybe I roll out Sunday....

I'll update as needed.

Edited by purple_beard

Don't think I'll be on this weekend; not 100% yet but I'd say it's a tentative no.

I'll also say now that I'm going to be traveling on August 6th so I won't be available for the first Saturday of August, just to further complicate our Smashdown plans.

@Eliwood8:Hmmm....well.

I know August 13th is quite the ways from now but does anyone have any outing plans after August 6?

After August 13th for the 20th, Krazy won't be on. So let's try to have the team Smashdown on the 13th.

As for Smashdown this month, I have definitively leaned on to do the team Smashdown next month. So my vote is for no Smashdown this month.

16 hours ago, purple_beard said:

@TKrazyO @Eliwood8 @DLurkster @TheBarkinHyena

I can play at 10 Saturday, but if no one else is going to, I have absolutely no issues in staying at the beach longer than I had planned to.  I was probably looking at leaving there between 6-7pm but I could stall till 8 if no one else is playing.... because at leaving 6-7pm I'd be back home and have had my supper and put-up stuff by then.  OR go to a further away beach where its a longer drive back... and if I do that, 10 is dubious... more like 11.... kind of watching for weather patterns too.

7/8 weather update....

Weather is getting suspect for tomorrow.... in the afternoon..... not sure what I plan to officially do.... big storms rolling through in the afternoon.... and with the cost of gas, I don't want to drive down then also spend on indoor entertainment like the Aquarium too....  Maybe I roll out Sunday....

I'll update as needed.

Why am I in this post as a alert? I said from last week I won't be playing this Saturday.

Thanks for the update I guess.

Edited by DLurkster