Smash Saturdays: 10p

5 minutes ago, Eliwood8 said:

Honestly kudos to all of you for playing late into the night. It starts at only 7pm for me and I still get tired by these Smash nights.

With my new/current job I can't game into the night like I used to because I have to get up too early LOL...being up at 6 vs 8/9 is a big difference.  Granted, that also means I'm not at work till 8:30-10pm either... what really sucks though is I have to wind down early so I can fall asleep early...if I was riled up gaming into the wee hours, I'd have issues a)trying to fall asleep  from being ramped up and then b) recovering from the needed break when I wake up.

Very rarely I get tired on these or MK8 ones too. I can think of the top of my head where I was tired 2 on the smash night after an hour and change over the last 2 years.

I've always have a lot energy as kid, it's not quite the same but still higher than most my age even after a full day. I mentioned this on the last MK8 night with Hyena and him drinking tea instead of coffee. With how my energy is already pretty up there, when I feel low and have coffee early, I crash fast and soon. The caffeine just goes goes thru me like nothing.

Yeah, so sorry again for those who just have input like I do and how talk about fight, wins and energy. It all related and to concentration to some extent.

Can't tone down what energy I have but I will be mindful what I say could be taken out of context. I Can be too honest and is who I am too so I mean no offence to those who don't play as well as they should at any given time.

In that case...

For Mario Kart, since it's on a week night I'll only be tired if I don't take a nap after work but I won't really feel it until after the races or battles. There's also the time I need to set up the stream before going live. There are points where my brother waits until 15 minutes before to free up the computer and I prefer to go live at least 15 minutes before 10. That affects my mood going in if that happens.

As for Smash there are a few factors. My sleep schedule going into Saturday, anything pertaining to going out or the two hour Pre-Game session beforehand. If my sleep schedule is wack I'll try to take a nap beforehand. If I'm out too long I might have to cancel the Pre-Game and only do Smash. If the Pre-Game didn't go well then that could also affect my mood.

For Smashdowns it's all about the competitive nature to be the Iron Man at the end of the night. I end up taking it so seriously that I get mad when I lose a stock unfairly or it seems that I shouldn't have gotten knocked off that easily. Going out early with characters I'm good with. Main thing is Eliwood winning every Smashdown he's been in. He's practically Jiren fro Dragon Ball Super at this point.

I'll likely add to this post later since I have to clock in for work but I'll put more detail into that later if anyone wants to wait for the context.

@TKrazyO: Interesting perspective Krazy, not that anyone can pick up on your mood for certain nights whether it be MK or Smash but your usually in a good mood. And yeah, it sucks when your main in Smash doesn't perform the way you had anticipated. Like you, I get competitive to win when something is on the line, it has nothing to do with Eli in general. He's good but consistently good can grate a few and why one push themselves and sometimes in doing that whether it's your opponent or unintentional sabotage on yourself can be frustrating. (For me it's the latter, that's not to say if it wasn't for that I would won a Smashdown but we learn how we fight against other ppl and with time allowed but can't get over tripping over myself when SD)

So tho, you mention Eli is like Jiren of DB, your not far off but more say to me he's like Piccolo. He's smart and know how to moves, when he needs to move. Not lucky that we SD, we do that to ourselves not to him. Despite, I recall Eli doesn't playing a lot of fighting games or at all and to see how it seems natural for him to Smash like a duck to water. I am not fluid like that in Smash, I am current in terms of electricity of more AC/DC. Less conventional means of doing battle vs direct contact affairs.

Whenever you can I like to hear more of the context what you feel vs your performance in Smash.

Everybody know Goku and the 2 guys were enemies to Goku but he has a tendency when he fight ppl to befriend them.

Out of the 2 fighters we mentioned Piccolo have more history with Jiren, he was bad but because he was offspring of his father and respect how Goku fight he eventually became friends with Goku, also is great strategist of fighter, he may not be strong but he is the only fighter among the Z crew who continues to put his life on the line to fight tho he may have strength but his ingenuity come thru for him everytime.

Jiren a recent rival of Goku, only appear monster in attitude and power because he lived life of hardship by gaining power by his own means and by no else. Goku taught like all he fought that he fights for his friends and there's power in that too. So that is why I say Eli seem all unbeatable but whether or not you know this about yourself in Smash your more like a strategist in Smash like how Piccolo know how to manoeuvre his foes. That's not to say despite the short time we know Jiren is just bad guy and is starting to open up to new ways of fighting. You're not a ruthless guy, Eli. Like Piccolo once being evil but that was years ago, he good fighter with a sharp mind. So I say your more Piccolo than Jiren in that regard.

TL:DR both fighters are compliments but more so for me Piccolo.

8 hours ago, TKrazyO said:

For Smashdowns it's all about the competitive nature to be the Iron Man at the end of the night. I end up taking it so seriously that I get mad when I lose a stock unfairly or it seems that I shouldn't have gotten knocked off that easily. Going out early with characters I'm good with. Main thing is Eliwood winning every Smashdown he's been in. He's practically Jiren fro Dragon Ball Super at this point.

So... in slightly more detail, competitively, I can't touch Eliwood's good characters. Literally, most of my attacks miss but that is because you don't have a tell. 1v1s you've got on lock against me though I'm not really a fan on 1v1s anyway. I wouldn't say I'm great at Smash. It's just in that setting, losing stocks I shouldn't be losing, losing matches I had on lock, going out first with a character I wanted to use and many other reasons, I get quite salty! Yeah I get close most of the time but you can still feel that way in any position.

All I'm saying is I'll complain when things won't go my way. I'll even call certain things out like I did that night, but all in all I end up getting over it, until the next Smashdown. Don't take the complaints to heart even if I mean them because I usually do, because all it boils down to (DL will get this Dragon Ball reference) is me [Vegeta] wanting to beat Eliwood [Goku].

That will be all from my rant.

Anyway, I remember bringing this up at some point but would the occasional team match be fine? Not like a whole night, just a stretch of time in the session.

@TKrazyO: A team setting, huh? I recall you bring that up a few times and PB would 2nd that with but not as much as you. I'm for it, I believe I mentioned if anyone cares if I should have team attack on/off? You'll be surprised how much that can make different with certain character partner match ups. Obviously we can't do this every night as 3 out of 4 night we'll be facing random ppl, also Eli mostly appears on the Smashdown nights. (blue moon moments if he shows up not on those nights)

Here's the deal, I was thinking while writing this post to team Smashdown every other month but you know what let's make these night very special. Why don't we do them every 4 months. Yes, you know where I am going with this, next month Smashdown will be a team one! (pending the date) At random draw, team will be made to make sure teams make ups will be mostly different we play on these months. So how does that sound? Obviously if, one of team partner gets wins for your team, it's points overall for your team. It should be interesting to see the breakdown of points with each player on a team in total or it looks like one person is doing all the work, lol.

The Vegeta and Goku comparison....hmm. Yes, Vegeta gets salty but the way you make it seem like you are lightyears behind Eli. I would equate you in DB character as Goten to Trunks, they are equals in some way tho Trunks is older so he got a little more experience. Relating that of Eli to Trunks age experience, as he just says, he's more experience 2v2 innately then most. So tho you may not be good 1v1, give yourself more credit you land yourself there than not. Also, there's nothing wrong with being Goku's son even if its Goten. Anyone related to Goku are gonna be great.

A few things:

My game got cancelled due to weather so no conflicts possible.

Spring Ahead on your clocks tonight!

And lastly....

Curious about thoughts on a multi faceted theme of  Kirby characters (for demo), Captain Falcon (FZX), and Mario characters (Mario Day) for first hour then whatever after.  Also, for that first hour, stages from said franchises.

Ggs. 

I should have had at least 3 more wins....

Pac man, Rob, and corrin were by far my best.  Bowser couldn't get much off.  Min min faired ok.  Richter had his moments.  Ridley was a almost as well.

Wondering to myself if dp, inceneroar, or Terry could have helped...doubt Roy would have.

That one guys byleth was annoyingly good.

Edited by purple_beard