Smash Saturdays: 10p

After 4 weeks, we finally got around to the first Iron Man Smashdown Challenge of the year. Here are the results!

Coming in first with 12 points is @Eliwood8.

In 2nd place is @TKrazyO 7 points.

In 3rd place with 3 points is DLurkster.

Last place with 0 points is @purple_beard.

Congrats Eli on the with the win this month and thank you Krazy for the stream. The next Smashdown is February 5th, (that is the Saturday after the next, coming up soon) post in advance if we gotta postpone that date.

GGGs.

I was kind of drowsy over the latter half of the matches and I was in portable mode till packers/49rs ended but as much as my numerous 2nd places felt legit I was legitly pissed about metaknight freeze falling twice back to back that I didn't  give a f* about that match at that point and I got no idea why palutena missed ledges....and while not a great Pikachu player by any stretch that stage was the worst possible scenario for me to use him.  Kind of ticked at how my jiggs went down, I've managed with her...

There were quite a few matches where I went out in the dumbest ways. Too many in fact. Some great matches in the start and sprinkled in after the horrible ones. Match of the night for me was "Dracula's Castle" with Mario. Near the end I just wasn't feeling it.

I picked Olimar for that match cause I can't beat Eliwood's Inkling.

In other news, a suggestion. Would it be possible to delay the next Smashdown to the 12th? With you guys playing next Saturday and me missing because of the Rumble, for you it'd be a regular night then the Smashdown but I'd be going from a Smashdown to another one.

If not that's cool.

You make a good point, Krazy. Tho we can't imagine the slight more prep for Smashdown, going from one Smashdown to another sounds like a lot to me. I don't mind postponing to Feb 12th.

Is everyone okay with doing that? If there isn't a consensus I guess we'll proceed as schedule on Feb 5th. As trying to find a day after Feb 12th doesn't work or whatever will be Krazy's Cooldown and will have similar repeat of this month, next month with only 4 weeks instead of the 5 weeks we have in January.

12 minutes ago, Eliwood8 said:

Good games guys, lots of good 1v1 finales. I feel like my Inkling is kind of inconsistent but when she's on point she does really well for me.

And yeah I don't mind doing the next Smashdown on the 12th.

Well, you must know how your Inkling plays, huh? I guess it's like how you guys know my Link is the best but I can tell you that despite that I felt that wasn't the best, won match or not.

But yeah, I remember that fight with your Inkling. I think because of the stage we were on, I was kept getting splatted by your bombs. Like 80% of the match I was covered with Ink, like I know how and why need to avoid them damage wise and any ink on me increases your damage on me but as I said the stage was too small to avoid that.

2 hours ago, purple_beard said:

This upcoming Saturday I'll play if I'm awake..we got inventory which has me 6a-7,8p Friday and 6a-done on Saturday...I very well could be out of it lol.

On 1/20/2022 at 2:36 PM, DLurkster said:

I also recall you saying last week when we played PB, with Legends out next week that we should do a Pokemon theme.  We will do one next week with the Failure to Launch Pt 4, I think we're at?

Let me know if your up to do failure to launch this Saturday, closer to that day or after that shift. I don't know if anyone else will come this Saturday, if you are not there because you might be tired or not, I'd be by myself.

5 hours ago, purple_beard said:

Ok, so with how my scheduling actually went I am all good tonight. 

Now, based on how the chips fell I am modifying theme alternative to banjo + pokemon all night for banjo and arceus game releases.

I was gonna ask if you feel up to tonight?

Yeah, we can add Banjo with the Pokemon them with failure to launch. Not gonna play as either very long, like Sora I appreciate that Banjo is in Ultimate but more so for Sora they just don't play they way I like to play Smash and I still have to see if I'm just gonna play Lucario only for gen 4 Arceus or some or all. Most likely will do some, ontop of wanting to play other characters tonight failure to launch need characters with that extra oomph.

Also, thinking to add some explosive flare to festivities tonight.

GGs.

I thought:

My Banjo did ok.... could have been better...half remembering his moves, half remembering how to use them best, and half playing against others with him.

My Lucario was ok... did better than I thought with him.

My Mewtwo ...had moments.... just couldn't sync up.

My Pikachu was actually decent considering how little I ever play him.

My Inceneroar was ok... I've played him better... kept getting myself stuck in bad positions.

My Pokemon Trainer was doing well, wish I had won more with him considering....

My Terry for the most part was trash... could never get into a groove with him.

My Ganon was pretty legit...  still mad I didn't finish with that last win with him vs. your Pyra.  That set was actually pretty even IMO....

Lag was killing timing when the actual slow/heavy characters came out.

Had an idea for funzies. Takes a little homework assignment but pretty easy to figure out.

Least used Fighters

In the Records under Battle Data, go to Offline & Battle Arenas. In the categories check Battles, Play Time and Play % then go to the bottom of the list.

Now some of the placements will be different because of the stats but for me the % and Battles are the same for me.

Using that data, write down your bottom 5 Fighters in order from 5th least to least used. Don't post them here unless you don't want to hide them.

I'll either declare the next match we play using the least used character or make a channel point reward for the stream asking for that match.

How does this sound for switching things up tonight?

Edited by TKrazyO
On 2/4/2022 at 11:21 AM, purple_beard said:

With the winter Olympics starting, how about "winter colors"/country colors (red/white Canada or red/white/blue usa) gor your fighter?

For next weekend I was thinking  since it's super bowl Saturday we could the orange/black/white or yellow/blue/white for the Bengals and rams respectively. 

Sure, I'm quoting you because of Krazy idea in the next post because we all decided to postpone the Showdown for next week and not tonight. We can do the Olympic theme color tonight (tho this what you do everytime there's national team or sports finals, Krazy's idea will give this more reason for this to be different then changing costumes) and next week during the showdown we can use the teams in the Super Bowl (I don't watch football so not a big deal to me) but even tho and I am not sure if we every did a costume them for the showdown, this just barely different costume change that does nothing to the game, if it wasn't for the Showdown that weekend, I wouldn't personally partake in it.

37 minutes ago, TKrazyO said:

Had an idea for funzies. Takes a little homework assignment but pretty easy to figure out.

Least used Fighters

In the Records under Battle Data, go to Online & Battle Arenas. In the categories check Battles, Play Time and Play % then go to the bottom of the list.

Now some of the placements will be different because of the stats but for me the % and Battles are the same for me.

Using that data, write down your bottom 5 Fighters in order from 5th least to least used. Don't post them here unless you don't want to hide them.

I'll either declare the next match we play using the least used character or make a channel point reward for the stream asking for that match.

How does this sound for switching things up tonight?

Sound like a plan for tonight.

I personally don't mind revealing my bottom 5 fighters. I don't know how much one can plan around this but should be interesting to see our worst line up of characters face-off.

Here's my bottom 5:

1. Jigglypuff
  2. Ice Climbers
  3. Pit
  4. R.O.B.
  5. Ike

Sounds about right, surprised I didn't see Fox there.

Now you said to go Play% but the above is play time and I was curious to see if Play% differs a little and it does so here they are too!

1. Zelda
  2. Wii Fit Trainer
  3. Pit
  4. R.O.B.
  5. Ike.

Also,  just a heads up, you mentioned Online & Battle Arenas but the stuff we're looking for is Offline & Battle Arenas. Wanted to make that clear for those to find this correctly and to have their choice of either time or %, results may be the same but it may surprise you.