Smash Saturdays: 10p

I tested out stamina mode for tomorrow Smashdown. I've already did preliminary test when Sora came out but I had to test it out with 4 players, items and how many stocks. Depending how how stamina you put on without items the match will always go to SD with 3 stocks at 7 minutes a match. So 2 stocks made it possible for a verdict at match end.

For tomorrow my results with items no matter the frequency with 3 stocks on varied if there was SD or winner. That is good enough to go on that the rules setup for tomorrow will be:

Stamina 300HP

3 Stocks

All items on on med frequency

7 minutes

FS Meter on

And Custom stage on (I have a surprise to show you guys that your gonna love)

It's on stamina mode because of Sora as when you beat your last opponent at the end it does the slow down flash from Kingdom Hearts when you beat a boss. Also, tidbit; if a match end in SD in Stamina mode all the fighters go in with 1HP. Just thought to give a heads up on that.

Also, also @TKrazyO: With 82 fighters will that means at the end of the night we can all play Sora or will there be uneven amount of fighters? If it wasn't for the Stamina mode I wouldn't ask that we play Sora last but it fits to see you can get that awesome ending defeat, don't ya think? Either way I guess we'll figure it out in the end.

Thanks in advance.:D

@The Albraskan: No worries Al. The arena that we make from what I recall were never password protected. Also, if you are coming tomorrow night at 10pm est; every first Saturday of the month we do a Smashdown event. You probably played this mode in Ultimate under special Smash where you and your opponents pick characters, once the match with that character is over, no one cannot use that character again. You repeat that until there's no character are left in in play. Who ever wins the most matches with this setup wins the Smashdown for the month.

Online and with the help of Krazy's stream he has a board that keeps track who's been used and how many KO's each player rack up each match. I keep track of the overall wins per match and who will be using which character per match. If you can't join us Discord voice chat to say which fighter your using each match, just say who gonna use in the Ninfora Discord SSB chat room after each match.

That's basically it.

49 minutes ago, The Albraskan said:

Hi, sorry I haven’t been participating in any game nights. I feel bad that I haven’t joined in so long. I want to try and join in tomorrow. I’m going to guess you guys still keep the lobbies password protected? 

Its locked to friends only, I believe you should be good l. Check with DL

PB is correct about the Smashdown being friends only, it makes it easier for those who are on Ninfora Discord to communicate what character each match then having random ppl just entering the arena doing whatever they want.

@The Albraskan: Yeah, not lot ppl show up or play on Tuesday or weekdays for that matter so at least for time being, Smash nights is only on just Saturday night when we know most will come out.

4 hours ago, DLurkster said:

@The Albraskan: I thought I forgot to mention something about the Smashdown online rules. The very first match with the 4 players in the ring, will all choose random as their character. Beyond that it's choosing characters that haven't been selected yet.

Okay thank you for letting me know that @DLurkster. If I make it to this Smash Saturday, which I don’t think I have anything interfering, I’m probably going to have to use the text chat in the discord. The room where I have my Switch set up is also the room where there’s family watching tv. I would move it, but then I can’t hook my Switch up with an Ethernet cable to the router/modem to try and have a more stable connection. 
I think I can just keep myself muted in the discord and speak when I need to though.

This special Smashdown Iron Man Challenge for this month concluded in honor of Sora finally in Smash!

Here are the results!

Coming in first with 12 points is @Eliwood8.

In second place with 5 points is @TKrazyO.

Third place with 3 points is DLurkster.

Fourth place with 2 points is @The Albraskan.

And in place with 0 point(s) is @purple_beard.

Thanks to all the participated tonight and congrats to Eli this month on the Iron Man challenge. Also, thank you Krazy for the stream.

The next and last Smashdown for the year is on Saturday December 4th. See ya guys then!:D

GGs.

I guess 300HP was a little high but as I said I tested with stocks and items. Without items there would be more SD, we had a few last night as I expected. Because sort of like less launching power it takes a bit more effort to chisel 300HP if you do it without items but goes down faster with items with 3 stocks and the standard 7 minutes. Of course testing with Lv. 9 CPU's no matter how competent pales in comparison what actual humans will do that will skew the matches to SD in how the match sort of drags on. 

I'll take that in consideration, if I am to do another stamina match. Maybe 2 stocks with items on is a better way to go with 300HP despite my initially testing showing matches finishing awfully quick.