Smash Saturdays: 10p

I tested out new concept for tonight's Saturday Smash.

It's pretty much that I turned down launch rate as low as it can go per rule settings. I wanted to make sure it is manageable an doable fights per rounds, it is at still at 7 minutes and 3 stocks. I've tested with lower minutes and lower stocks, lower minutes and 3 stocks, 7 minutes and and lower stock. Each with different kind of fighters on CPU Lv 9. (Did the same with highest launch with the same standard minutes and/or less and stocks as well but those matches finished all too fast within 2 or 3 minutes. Maybe good save that idea for like speed rounds without turning on the handicap percents. Must be said that light characters fly off screen as fast Jiggs, tho)

What I found if those are interested that the match is set at the standard 7 minutes and 3 stocks that matches that have heavy characters (those that hit harder for better launch despite how launching is set) is more optimal to get launches than those who don't have the extra oomph. Light characters oddly don't change that much, you stay like 5% more than a usual light character KO but those character that don't have that oomph behind their attack will be at slight disadvantage because you really need to knock opponents out stage.

It is recommenced from a launching foes and time to play with the heavy hitters. Tho I mentioned it is doable to play matches with 7 minutes and 3 stocks, the matches may be close to end that a sudden death occurs. Those didn't happen often but thought to bring that up anyways.

Well I hope this will be a fun distraction tonight!

My Min Min was putting in work tonight.  ROB had his moments.  Richter had his moments.  I was very disappointed in my Ridley, Bowser, and Dark Pit performances.  Corrin probably needed some more PT to evaluate properly.

As far as the comments about the fists I use for Min Min, I think the ball and dragon work as the best pair for me.  Dual Dragons are alright but how I play her I kind of like the variety.  The disc one, I don't have good luck with strategy wise.

As for next Saturday, I am game to play Smash down but I'll have to bow out around 11pm or so because I need to head to bed, having to get up super early Sunday morning to go to Charlotte to see the Jets @ Panthers game in person and hit my free parking spot I like.

* could be interested in starting at 9 for playing longer....

Edited by purple_beard

Tonight's Smashdown Iron Man Challenge has concluded. Here's what went down!

In first plae is @Eliwood8 with 9 points.

In 2nd place is @TKrazyO with 7 points.

Coming in 3rd is DLurkster with 3 points.

4th place with 2 points is @TheBarkinHyena

Bringing up the rear but had to dropout early for the night is @purple_beard with 0 points.

Congrats to Eli for the remainder of the month as the challenger winner. Thank you Krazy for the stream as usual.

The next smashdown is on Saturday October 2nd. (pending if we have enough players for the night)

GGs!

Edited by DLurkster
2 hours ago, purple_beard said:

Well damn DL, tell me how you really feel >_>

Yes, I thought it was obvious. Just wanted to make it clear if it wasn't.

I'm all for themes but when they boarder just as palette swaps and handful of characters a night and not a bunch whenever there's a anniversary or whatever, it just loses its appeal to me. I need more originality or at least space the palette swaps like 6 months apart and not like 2 months it almost seems.

Sorry just had to say that.

18 hours ago, DLurkster said:

Yes, I thought it was obvious. Just wanted to make it clear if it wasn't.

I'm all for themes but when they boarder just as palette swaps and handful of characters a night and not a bunch whenever there's a anniversary or whatever, it just loses its appeal to me. I need more originality or at least space the palette swaps like 6 months apart and not like 2 months it almost seems.

Sorry just had to say that.

Well you know DL, you are free to come up with and post themes for the matches as well if you don't like mine.  Or you can not play too...  you got choices.

And we haven't done anything color specific in a long time (and any recent ones I recall was me doing my own personal color theme) and when you go game specific why would you use non Zelda, Pokemon, Mario, Metroid, ect... characters if the theme is based on a game from said character group?  That makes no sense.  And aside from saying Melee anniversary, or Smash 64 anniversary, or Brawl anniversary very few other truly worthy theme selections allow for a broad spectrum of the Smash roster.

50 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Well you know DL, you are free to come up with and post themes for the matches as well if you don't like mine.  Or you can not play too...  you got choices.

And we haven't done anything color specific in a long time (and any recent ones I recall was me doing my own personal color theme) and when you go game specific why would you use non Zelda, Pokemon, Mario, Metroid, ect... characters if the theme is based on a game from said character group?  That makes no sense.  And aside from saying Melee anniversary, or Smash 64 anniversary, or Brawl anniversary very few other truly worthy theme selections allow for a broad spectrum of the Smash roster.

Again, if it wasn't obvious for those minor repeating themes like handful of characters and palette swaps, 7 out of 10 times I don't partake in theme or play whatever I like or the rare times I happen to be not available. As for ideas when you have one, I rather not if I don't have one. Also, I'm sure you seen my ideas, they just happen coincidentally when you haven't propose one. Whether you like them is anyone discretion to say, as you said one should speak up or do something, if oblige to.

As I said I am not against the prospect of themes so I appreciate the obvious suggestion of choices I have done. Breaking it down I'm more for small roster of character to play with than handful of Mario, Zelda, Pokemon characters for brief moments of the night just gets stale to me whenever there's anniversary based on the series and not Smash bros, to make that clear. I get it won't make sense to do more outside the series but for me I can do without for long periods of time, when it seems this stuff with very few characters to choose from happens like other month as an example, (not what actually happens to point out) it gets stale for me and very fast.

So basically, I'm for limited intimacy of part of the roster based on Smash for the night vs handful of characters briefly for the night, that seem to pop up a lot closer than I like out of tedium.

Delaying the Smashdown video to Friday. Decided to rework the pre/post match tally to simplify the process and add certain people (plus tweaked the thumbnail). That took me an hour to do and I haven't even started going through the matches to get the stats. I can get part way through this tonight but I'm not staying up past 1 a.m. editing even though I took a nap as soon as I got home today.

I'm also not including the match with Laclipsey cause I'm pretty sure I was complaining the entire time. Have to keep the stats for it though.