Watchpoint: Gibraltar - N4A Chat Thread - August 2017

ace

7 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

I'm glad I'm out of the dating scene. Present day dating seems WAY too complicated. When I asked my fiancee out (almost 15 years ago) I literally went up to her and said "will you go out with me?" (basically the regional "do you want to go steady?", "will you be my girlfriend?", etc)

Who fucking knows. You want to know the kicker? The two writers for the movie are both men.

That's how I thought dating was suppose to be like. Seems so much more complicated when I try.

I don't see how the gender of the writers matter.

3 hours ago, Kirbymeister2 said:

My Bday is today. 

Happy Kirthday Birby!!!

2 hours ago, Young P said:

Because if it's a movie about girls, especially if it's critical about female behavior the same way the original was critical of male behavior, it should be handled by people who can actually relate to it.

I thought it was about human behaviour and group think, not male behaviour. Unless I missed the entire point of the book.

in a perfect world where women and men are socialized the same maybe their reactions would be the same

as it is, if i filled a deserted island or whatever w a bunch of girls, i don't think the outcome would have been the same

but idk i never read the book anyway lmfao

• Chrom unpinned and locked this topic