Watchpoint: Gibraltar - N4A Chat Thread - August 2017

ace

The past week I've been reading and trying not to watch tv or play videogames. That's how boring it has been at my place.

Anyways a warning. Ramblin' Weeb stuff below. WEEEEE. If you are really interested in what I have to say you can see but really be warned. Like damn XD

So the last week I've been using this app on my phone to let me learn how to read Kana. It's been pretty interesting as I learned on the way that there are some words that in Hiragana and Kakatana use that are American but pronounced and said differently like "soup" "sofa" "New York" "kiss" "so." I also learned that that nouns like "I" "you" "he" "she" do remain in from of the sentences and some questions like "Do" and "Can" but the others what "What" and "Why" usually go first. I found how numbers work a bit both easy and hard (hard when days and time is envolved). Speaking about days that can be a bit difficult since it's an world like "wood" and "day" combined. I need to really work on that.... with other things... 

The last week also made me really think why I was doing this. How this really happened is one day I decided to go to a bookstore to get a Hiragana book. The reason why is that if I accidentally forgot it would be a kind of notebook. The state that I am in does lean almost to the weeb territory though I do call myself that jokingly. I look like someone that would be a weeb but I haven't drowned myself so much into anime or gotten a body pillow like how some would perceive  them. *Ahem* Getting back at hand going to the store and actually buying it was tough because the kind of guy I am. As some as you guys might think how silly this is this was actually tough because I was in front of people. I actually had to explain to my friend that was next to me as I was getting the book that it wasn't for the reasons he thought I was doing it; and I gave it to him straight that it wasn't. After that it really gave me perspective on the matter.

First if I'm going to get a book about Japanese I really need to get it online. I found it really daunting doing in person and that was enough when I just got this small book of how to write both Kaktana and Hirgana (sorry I forgot it ws both). The experience at the bookstore also really made me think that while it was a fun thing to do at times I can't go to the Japanese store anymore. The reason I went there is that they would always would have these Kirby plushes; and I would see if they might have one I didn't have for the collection. The store also these things I would skim around but the plushes were the real reason. Also they have this huge ass Pikachu plush that is always displayed at the entrance wall I just want to take with me but now I have to resist my urges. But now as a respect of what I am doing I really need to let that go. The reason why I am doing this is not because to show off that; and I would find that a bit disrepectful of me to do that. I also know that I don't know everything about Japanese myself. I just learned some Kana but fuck I'm still going to learn because I still need to learn. It would be an insult for me if I did that. Because of that I am not going to say words in Japanese or say I know that stuff. I feel like that is kind of really a disrespectful thing to the culture. Anyways I'll continue learning how to read more but also make sure I don't obtain bad habits. 

Anyways I'm done with ramblin'. It was just for those that might be seeing what I've been doing along the way. Anways sorry for the huge spiel I wanted to talk about what I learned but after that experience I really wanted to let it all out like some kind of maniac. Whoops XD. If you read all of that thank you and again sorry for that... If you guys are more interested in the progress PM and stuff so it doesn't show so much of this on the thread and I can stop talking about it here 

Edited by Kirbymeister2
55 minutes ago, Schmengland said:

Ohhh!

Will you have any time to chill then? :3

not likely! i have a lotta shit to take care of and plan for and i plan to keep p busy, plus i have other ppl i gotta see before i go lmao 

we will see 

the place we're trying to grab is open on the 10th i think so i got Shit To Do