Watchpoint: Gibraltar - N4A Chat Thread - August 2017

ace

4 minutes ago, ace said:

We said something other than 

LOL PENIS PEEPEE HEHEHEHE 

for once 

The Charlottesville event could have its own thread about it for all I care, but due to the nature of the topic I don't wish for it to change the climate of this thread. There's no good reason why it needs to be discussed here of all places on this site, so I've chosen to move the relevant posts to the other thread and am inviting you to take the discussion there, or if it actually matters to you that much, you can start a new thread for it. Thanks.

I don't know if you've noticed, but activity has gone off a cliff. What's the point of splitting things up anymore when there are maybe 10 people left that'll see them? 

Edited by ace
1 minute ago, ace said:

I don't know if you've noticed, but activity has gone off a cliff. What's the point of splitting things up anymore when there are maybe 10 people left that'll see them? 

the level of activity has literally nothing to do with it 

2 minutes ago, ace said:

Then God forbid we ruin the atmosphere of the thread where the majority of the posts are just the word "PENIS" 

I understand that it pisses you off, but at least it's just casual chatter, so it's hard to feel as though shitposts are that much of a problem... I still believe it would be nice if we tried handling hot button topics like Charlottesville with a little more care than just dropping them here just because we can, especially when there are other ways we can do so without taking away what makes using the chat thread comfortable for others. It'd just be a win-win scenario for everyone as far as I'm concerned.

I'll be real here. I honestly don't care too much about posts getting moved because it's not really too big of a deal. It's a combo of a really bad last couple of days, a lousy day at work, and one penis post too many. 

Why do we never talk about the non-political tragedies?

Like, what about that amusement ride that malfunctioned last month that killed one person, and injured several others? I don't remember anyone saying anything about that.

1 minute ago, Yellow said:

Why do we never talk about the non-political tragedies?

Like, what about that amusement ride that malfunctioned last month that killed one person, and injured several others? I don't remember anyone saying anything about that.

not to play the pain olympics but one person dying to an amusement park ride doesn't really have the same gravity behind it as a literal nazi crisis, and doesn't actually have any affect on my life or wellbeing or the life and wellbeing of my friends and family 

its tragic, yes, but what do you expect people to say past 'wow that sucks and they should check all their rides to ensure this doesn't happen again'

it doesn't exactly lend itself well to a conversation

8 minutes ago, chickadee said:

not to play the pain olympics but one person dying to an amusement park ride doesn't really have the same gravity behind it as a literal nazi crisis, and doesn't actually have any affect on my life or wellbeing or the life and wellbeing of my friends and family 

its tragic, yes, but what do you expect people to say past 'wow that sucks and they should check all their rides to ensure this doesn't happen again'

it doesn't exactly lend itself well to a conversation

I don't see how the Charlotteville Incident leads itself into any less or more of a conversation. I mean, what do you expect people to say past "wow that sucks and they should find a way to deal with white supremacists to ensure this never happens again". I mean, if that's all to say about this event, then there's nothing more to say about the Charlotteville event.

And of course it affects people's wellbeing. This is a ride that passed safety checks and still broke down. Aren't worried about the countless other amusement park rides up and running that may not be safe because now a safety check may not be enough anymore.

Edited by Yellow
Just now, Yellow said:

I don't see how the Charlotteville Incident leads itself into any less or more of a conversation. I mean, what do you expect people to say past "wow that sucks and they should put a just to white supremacists to ensure this never happens again". I mean, if that's all to say about this event, then there's nothing more to say about the Charlotteville event.

And of course it affects people's wellbeing. This is a ride that passed safety checks and still broke down. Aren't worried about the countless other amusement park rides up and running that may not be safe because now a safety check may not be enough anymore.

this seems like a very...short sighted view to hold 

like, i can't dismantle the capitalism behind those rides not getting enough attention within the next 24 hours 

there are, however, very comfortable nazis near my hometown who continue to make my existence uncomfortable, even from many miles away

idk how to explain how you should see the difference in them, but if you want to create a thread simply to dwell on tragedies other than political ones, have a blast - its not like we haven't done it before. there are plenty to choose from, so i'm sure you'll have a lot of material. for what its worth, i sure didn't see you talking about it here either - but then, people are capable of having conversations outside of this site, too. so who knows! follow ur heart or whatever?? i don't really care

4 minutes ago, chickadee said:

this seems like a very...short sighted view to hold 

like, i can't dismantle the capitalism behind those rides not getting enough attention within the next 24 hours 

there are, however, very comfortable nazis near my hometown who continue to make my existence uncomfortable, even from many miles away

idk how to explain how you should see the difference in them, but if you want to create a thread simply to dwell on tragedies other than political ones, have a blast - its not like we haven't done it before. there are plenty to choose from, so i'm sure you'll have a lot of material. for what its worth, i sure didn't see you talking about it here either - but then, people are capable of having conversations outside of this site, too. so who knows! follow ur heart or whatever?? i don't really care

Exactly, and you can't dismantle the ideology behind this attack within 24 hours either. They're both things out of our hands but we can still talk about them anyways.

I wasn't saying we have to talk about every tragedy, I'm just pointing out how people here only care seem to care about a tragedy when it has to do with their political leanings. It's fine if you want to do that, I just get a little upset people are using tragedies like these to fuel their political agenda. I mean, it's fine, death doesn't matter to you unless it relates to your life. I get it. This is just how I feel about it.

That's all I have to say.