Splatoon 2 New Stages Thread | *Manta Marina and Lost Outpost (Salmon Run) available 8/26 & 8/23*

alienboyva

The new stage Shifty Station, which is set in a nightly Octerian world, is being added to the game, but it will be exclusive to Splatfests as a part of the 3 stage rotation. Also, It's layout will change every Splatfest.

Hopefully, this will get added to the regular rotation once Splatfests end. It'd be cool to have a stage in the rotation that has its layout change every time you play it (kinda like the Excitebike track in Mario Kart 8).

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to New stage Twilight Zone to be a Splatfet exclusive
On 7/31/2017 at 11:07 AM, Eliwood8 said:

I guess it kind of puts all players on an even playing field if it's a new stage to everyone, eh? Maybe they'll add it to the main game once Splatfests are over, though that'll probably be over a year from now.

They have said that splatfests have been planned for 2 years post launch so it will definitely be a while. Though i think it being released outside of splatfests comes down to how radically different the stage will be during each splatfest. I'm excited to check it out this weekend

Here's a look at the stage Shifty Station from the JPN Ketchup VS Mayo Splatfest, which has already kicked-off...

So, they're actually having red and white ink for this Splatfest? awesome; To be fair it's more off white... It's cool they went with these colors, even though they look like bodily fluids, cuz it's like you're actually shooting the condiments. :)

• alienboyva changed the title to Splatoon 2 New Stages Thread | *Shifty Station (Splatfest exclusive)*
  • alienboyva changed the title to Splatoon 2 New Stages Thread | *Manta Marina and Lost Outpost (Salmon Run) available 8/26 & 8/23*

It's like they saw my post the other day complaining about no new stages. Manta Maria looks okay, kind of reminds me of Hammerhead Bridge but a better, wider version of it. And I'm really glad they're adding another Salmon Run stage. I was playing a bit this weekend and realized how repetitive it's gotten with just two stages.