Question for any of the graphics junkies and/or videophiles here

Is the PlayStation 4 Pro worth it if you're not concerned with 4K?

I was watching this the other day. While it is an interesting enough visual comparison and breakdown, I find myself just not giving a fuck about the stated disappointment surrounding the lack of 4K support on the Pro, much less the 1-FPS frame drops and especially not all the whining in the comments about all of it. :wanker:

A PS4 is a priority because the one in my home currently belongs to my roommate, from whom I'll be separating in a month or so. I have games of my own for it, as well as a small list of others, forthcoming and otherwise, in which I plan to invest later. In the past, when I had steady income during my enlistment, it would have been my compulsion to get the most "premium" offering for the sake of future-proofing or whatever, but I've been slowly distancing myself from that mentality lately with regards to all things.

I'd be up for getting a Pro if there's something significant I'm missing, or if they come out with another great deal/bundle later that involves it, but I think my lean is pretty obvious. I'm open to input, though.

What do you think?

Edited by Schmengland

Graphics junkies are a think?

If you already had a PS4 it wouldn't be worth it unless there was a banger of a trade in deal, but since you don't have one to begin with it might be worth it to buy the Pro depending on how the OG PS4 drops in price. Right now their price points are similar that you wouldn't be paying much more for the pro so if you see a good Pro bundle I'd go for that. 

Hmm, besides the graphical bump, don't forget the performance bump as well if the game takes advantage of it. Personally, given how I don't have an XBO nor PS4, I'd go for with the XBOX and PS4Pro  (and some great deals hopefully.). Ultimately, it's how much you actually care about it. The original models are still fine if you have it, and should be good until developers start to lean towards the updated ones.

If you play video games, then you care about performance. Try playing the PS3 version of Bayonetta after playing the 360 version and performance makes a huge difference in response, feel, and smoothness.

If you don't care about 4K then the Pro is the answer.

• 4 weeks later...