Splatoon 2 New Weapons Thread | *Forge Splattershot Pro / Bubble Blower special inkoming tonight (9/1)*

alienboyva

Coming from the JPN Splatoon account on Twitter...The new Dualie Squelcher weapon is being added to the game later tonight. This weapon will come with the Point Sensor as the Sub and the Tenta Missiles as the special.

I really like the idea of taking existing weapons and making them dualies. I'm really looking forward to trying these out, since I'm loving the Splat Dualies.

Edited by alienboyva

I imagine the double reticles will have an impact on balance. Long distance shots will probably be pretty inaccurate. The current Dualies options mitigate that by being short-range anyway.

2 hours ago, alienboyva said:

I really like the idea of taking existing weapons and making them dualies. I'm really looking forward to trying these out, since I'm loving the Splat Dualies.

Dual-wielding rollers?! :o

2 hours ago, Eliwood8 said:

I imagine the double reticles will have an impact on balance. Long distance shots will probably be pretty inaccurate. The current Dualies options mitigate that by being short-range anyway.

Dual-wielding rollers?! :o

Now that I think about it...It could be cool if they were two mini rollers that ink 2 little streaks (no ink in front of where the players stands and don't fling ink as far (about the same range as the Aerospray, but let you rapid fire ink by alternating hands.

9lxKWgu.png

You wanna just use this thread for all new weapon updates, AB? I feel like we probably don't need a new thread every week.

Tonight we're getting one of my favorites for the first game, the Sploosh-o-matic, with curling bomb sub and Splashdown special:

Although I have to admit a significant part of the appeal of the Sploosh-o-matic in the first game was its squid beakons. Those were perfect for getting the drop on people with this short range weapon. Hopefully the Sploosh-o-matic is just as effective with curling bombs, though.

• alienboyva changed the title to Splatoon 2 New Weapons Thread | *Sploosh-o-matic inkoming tonight! (8/5)*
  • alienboyva changed the title to Splatoon 2 New Weapons Thread | *Sploosh-o-matic inkoming tonight! (8/4)*

Good news: the Sploosh-o-matic is as good as I remember it. With a Swim Speed Up ability it's perfect for swimming circles around opponents and splatting them before they know what hit 'em. And the curling bomb works really well with it when you need to penetrate enemy territory to get up close.

• alienboyva changed the title to Splatoon 2 New Weapons Thread | *Splatbrella nkoming tonight! (8/11)*

The Splatbrella will be available in multiplayer tonight at the regular 10 PM EST time. I'm interested to see how people will use this in multiplayer compared to the singleplayer. I just hope it doesn't become supper annoying with people constantly blocking your shots.

Seems like the Splatbrella's main advantage will be blocking low mobility opponents like Chargers and Splatlings. I imagine high mobility opponents, especially Dualies, won't have much of a problem against them.

Based on the handful of single-player levels with the Splatbrella I don't think I'll be using it much in multiplayer. Its abilities are just too odd for me.

• alienboyva changed the title to Splatoon 2 New Weapons Thread | *Splatbrella inkoming tonight! (8/11)*
  • 2 weeks later...

Do we have many charger users here? The Classic Squiffer was released on Friday:

So we've been getting new weapons (I mean, "new," since many of these are from the first game) each Friday, but I think we're overdue for getting a new stage. Splatoon 2 started out with a lot more content than Splatoon had at launch but they still need to spice up the stage rotation soon.

• alienboyva changed the title to Splatoon 2 New Weapons Thread | *Classic Squiffer now available*
  • alienboyva changed the title to Splatoon 2 New Weapons Thread | *Classic Squiffer now available / Bubble Blower special available 9/2*
  • alienboyva changed the title to Splatoon 2 New Weapons Thread | *Sloshing Machine inkoming tonight (8/25) / Bubble Blower special available 9/2*
  • alienboyva changed the title to Splatoon 2 New Weapons Thread | *Forge Splattershot Pro / Bubble Blower special inkoming tonight (9/1)*