amiibo/toys to life Thread

6 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

I don't want to have to open it :(:(:(

Also, that REALLY should just be a QoL update/feature and not a convoluted amiibo activity... Kinda defeats the purpose of it being "quicker"

That was my reaction as well—what a strange feature to lock behind an amiibo. Doesn't feel like a bonus so much as just an update for the remaster.

6 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

I don't want to have to open it :(:(:(

Also, that REALLY should just be a QoL update/feature and not a convoluted amiibo activity... Kinda defeats the purpose of it being "quicker"

So would you call the fast sail in WWHD QoL feature? When WW first came out we didn't even know we wanted something like that till we were shown it, ah that's cool to have. Imagine if this feature was only available with the King Hyrule amiibo would you say that's convoluted despite as I said we didn't even know we wanted a QoL like this in WWHD?

I bring up that question because that feature was cool in WWH not really a convenience to me but this teleporting is as we can all agree it was necessary to get around the world of Skyward. Yeah, it sort of suck you have to use amiibo but it would of been dumber if it just help help you warp to the bird statues but this warps you anywhere at any point you last were. I think that's a nifty convenience to have, to me.

16 hours ago, DLurkster said:

So would you call the fast sail in WWHD QoL feature? When WW first came out we didn't even know we wanted something like that till we were shown it, ah that's cool to have. Imagine if this feature was only available with the King Hyrule amiibo would you say that's convoluted despite as I said we didn't even know we wanted a QoL like this in WWHD?

I bring up that question because that feature was cool in WWH not really a convenience to me but this teleporting is as we can all agree it was necessary to get around the world of Skyward. Yeah, it sort of suck you have to use amiibo but it would of been dumber if it just help help you warp to the bird statues but this warps you anywhere at any point you last were. I think that's a nifty convenience to have, to me.

I did actually have an issue with sailing speed in the original, so yeah, faster sailing would definitely be a QoL update. Also, just because we've never seen, or even thought of, something that could be improved upon doesn't mean they lock it behind anything.

By convoluted, I meant needing the amiibo every time to use. A one-tap, permanent unlock for this (or for the Fast Sail in your WWHD analogy) is a far better way to unlock something then, "I want to move a quicker, let me get my amiibo, open up the use amiibo option in the game, and tap it" -  I get they want everyone to buy one and not just buy it, unlock the item, and lend it to a friend, but even if it was a one-tap per play session that would be leaps better. 

4 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

I did actually have an issue with sailing speed in the original, so yeah, faster sailing would definitely be a QoL update. Also, just because we've never seen, or even thought of, something that could be improved upon doesn't mean they lock it behind anything.

By convoluted, I meant needing the amiibo every time to use. A one-tap, permanent unlock for this (or for the Fast Sail in your WWHD analogy) is a far better way to unlock something then, "I want to move a quicker, let me get my amiibo, open up the use amiibo option in the game, and tap it" -  I get they want everyone to buy one and not just buy it, unlock the item, and lend it to a friend, but even if it was a one-tap per play session that would be leaps better. 

I guess I was the few that thought the speed of the original sail was fine.

Maybe it's my amiibo bias but tho this way of teleporting is convenient but I don't see it has a problem. I do know ppl like me makes Nintendo thinks it's okay to do these kind of amiibo unlocks. I primary get amiibo for what visual appeal and collection purpose. Whatever function they may have in games is a bonus whim to me.

In that sense I get the outrage of those who are against this. I or anyone can like or buy Nintendo product and still criticize them, I attend to tell Nintendo this way of locking QoL needs to be better evaluated or removed. I don't like that this splits the view of ppl of Nintendo consumers. 

3 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

Now THAT, is dumb.

Could at least do the chest-gift system. Let us get a few materials and bugs.

WTF?!? Now they are really forcing ppl who may not want this amiibo but will get not only because of how beautiful it looks but the only amiibo functionality in this game and that is teleporting anywhere you want?!?

Hi amiibo gang its been a while. Anyways was surprised to see that gorgeous Zelda with Loftwing amiibo for Skyward Sword HD. Pre orders so far opened for Best Buy and GameStop and they went flying quickly but I feel more will come as we get closer to release. I'll pick one up at Best Buy local store when they get their stock in if not pray to get it somewhere else. I'll keep tabs on Amazon but I can already see that dread bubblemailer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You know I got the notification for this specific Wal-Mart drop with a guy I follow on Twitter and have notification setup on dedicated Discord server for Canadian video game PO like this.

When I got the notification this morning it said the Wal-Mart has 503 in stock online PO, I wonder how faster allotment went out?

I took advantage of this today.  I probably wouldn't have it they hadn't sold out here and I could get over to a BBY or GS early in the morning on release day.... but I wouldn't be able to get to one till 4pm in the day so....

But at least I can cancel it prior to shipping if need be if I can get local and save some coin.

Although, the sinister side of me says.... hell a Limited Edition Japanese version might be cooler than the standard NA fare LULZ.

• 2 weeks later...