amiibo/toys to life Thread

I was randomly checking Canada amiibo reddit at work today and saw that Ivysuar, Snake and Squirtle are up for PO on Walmart, from a day ago. I stop what I was doing POing forgetting, DL does not PO from Walmart anymore. I was able to get all 3 but then Walmart, maybe let me down again, I got email stating they are out of stock for Ivysuar. Damn you Walmart, you done it again.

The email continues that if any items unavailable in the next 3 days to ship, they will cancel the order. Um, that's great but one; where was this with my last order with no notification and two; these amiibo don't release till September 20th so umm those 3 days is gonna be a long one?

I may just cancel if I see Amazon ones pop, maybe even BB but they are on my hit list too. Like damn, is it too much to not only get package in great conditions but actually show up. This year with amiibo have been the year of maybe they come to your house. It was already hard enough from the get when this was at it peak but now this. There's still 4 months left for this year. Shape up or I'll ship out. Sounded better in my head.

• 2 weeks later...

So miracles can occur with amiibo being delivered on time for once. The walmart of the trio today, got emailed notified that they coming today. They emailed the first day that I might not get Ivysaur but I got email confirmation for him as well. Which now I have the amiibo coming and the Amazon.ca because I thought Walmart Ivysaur wasn't a thing. So I'm gonna have 2 Ivysuars, ew. Like one is already meh but I get because he's not a too bad fighter in Ultimate. I don't care for sealed and not sealed on. But I have friend who's really into Pokemon, I'll sell it to him.

One of him is more than enough.

My LA amiibo like the dreamer edition of the game is not coming until October 1st to October 4th. I bought that and the amiibo from Amazon.com and not ca.

Well today is already better because I thought I wasn't getting any amiibo today but 3 out of 4 is not bad plus special edition. Sucks I have to wait to play LA on Switch for like 2 more weeks, tho. Oh well.

• 1 month later...

Dang been away for a while anyways I have since pre ordered the November amiibo and scored myself a fresh Pokemon Switch Lite. I still have my old Switch mainly for TV Mode but I did indeed update it to the new revision. Surprised that we didn't get any reveals for the DLC Smash amiibo as I had thought that maybe Joker would join Dark Samus and Richter in January but it is likely happening either late February to March 2020.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Shit today is the 5 years the day amiibo entered our life.

I'm listening to that NVC podcast now.

That first 30 from NVC and the video part 1 from Amiibo News were both pretty good.

I'm sure everyone here isn't ready to rehash all the old tired stories of their amiibo adventures but then again, with its anniversary here, it might actually be a good time to do  it.