amiibo/toys to life Thread

So after E3 2017 came and went I think we can agree that the Monster Hunter Stories amiibo coming to the states may not happen so we may have to import them. Qbby amiibo for BoxBoy wasn't brought over either so we can officially confirm that amiibo will be JP exclusive and so far the Monster Hunter Stories amiibo will have the same fate.

2 hours ago, Juanblue85 said:

So after E3 2017 came and went I think we can agree that the Monster Hunter Stories amiibo coming to the states may not happen so we may have to import them. Qbby amiibo for BoxBoy wasn't brought over either so we can officially confirm that amiibo will be JP exclusive and so far the Monster Hunter Stories amiibo will have the same fate.

As an amiibo addict and fan... those Monster Hunter ones they did looked EPIC as figures... but since I had no real ties to them I never got up the courage to purchase any of those.  They are definitely deluxe amiibos though.

I am kind of disappointed in the lack of Qbby coming here though--I own all the games in the series and I could have seen myself double dipping for a physical copy plus his amiibo.   That said, the amiibo unlocks in the game didn't do much, it just have been a cool collectible.

9 hours ago, Celica said:

PlayAsia is okay, though a bit overprices in my experience. When I've imported Amiibo from Japan, I've used AmiAmi.

PlayAsia on kind of high on some, low to reasonable on others.  I guess I'd say MSRP- $20 is reasonable with free shipping, $25-30 borderline for a hard to find one.  Anything above $30 would have to be a Unicorn one--that even I have personally never seen in person at any store at any time.... or in super limited quantities.

5 hours ago, Juanblue85 said:

Oh snap the second wave of LoZ amiibo have started to be sold in some parts in Japan. 

PlTYm_9aoG3xF2vJPhL7e41gkFdanspzDwgZfs25

Hoping BBY gets store stock Friday for MM Link...  I'm thinking about camping out but I will probably go by their store Thursday to ask if they even have extra stock.  SS Link is going to be a b* to find.

I think I might just suck it up today and get all the LoZ Smash's from them for my sealed collection.  What's crazy about this is I can get better pricing for Japanese ones now than US/EU.  If I end up pulling the trigger I will be down to Mario, Yoshi, Bowser, DK, Diddy, Pika, Jiggs, Kirby and the Mii fighter to complete a sealed set.  The logo on the box isn't that important to me--although I did want to get a Japanese Captain Falcon.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 2:04 PM, Art_de_Cat said:

Amiibos assembled before new ones start hitting later.

20170617_135849.jpg

Amiibo collection pics go here:

https://ninfora.com/forums/index.php?/topic/408-official-post-your-amiibo-collection-thread/#comment-15592

https://twitter.com/AmiiboNews

Looks like Best Buy WILL have store stocks of MM Link on Friday...

Edited by purple_beard

http://www.play-asia.com/search/amiibo

Play Asia has  *ALL* the LoZ Smash figures up for order @ $19.99 ea.

That means Link, Zelda, Ganon, Sheik, and Toon Link are available ( IN JAPANESE BOXES).  I don't know how many have been going for Toon Link or Sheik but they are averaging $60+ on amazon aftermarket.  All I know is I had seen Toon Link out his first week of release and then never again.  I hadn't seen Sheiks @ retail since the week she released either.

They also have BoTW Zelda, Archer, Rider, Bokoblin

8Bit Link, Wind Waker Link, 

In Japanese Boxes for $20ea.

I went by GS last night and paid off the remaining portion of my TP Link.  I asked the guy if he thought they'd get store stocks of TP Link and he didn't seem too confident they would.  But the answer kind of came off in that not really sure how much I believe him vibe.

Supposedly BBY is getting store stocks of MM Link.

Japan is getting Metroid and Samus as separates

DC2UCUOXkAQWwPc.jpg

DC2UCgzXsAE8v8j.jpg

https://twitter.com/AmiiboNews?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Edited by purple_beard

Ocarina of Time Link available on Play-Asia. In fact many of the Zelda amiibo are available even the new ones.

http://www.play-asia.com/amiibo-the-legend-of-zelda-series-figure-link-toki-no-ocarina/13/70ai37

So today I managed to call my GameStop to see if they received their restock of BotW amiibo and they did so I hurried over (thanks to a $15 GS Reward Coupon) and bought Guardian amiibo for my NiB set (all caught up now :)) I asked about the TP Link since I saw he had three of them behind him sadly he only had enough to cover pre orders (three pre-orders) so I was screwed. I couldn't believe what happened next he went and called another GameStop that he pre ordered a TP Link from and said that he was cancelling on getting it and was willing to give to me so he gave the details to the other GameStop so I just have to go over there on Friday and get my TP Link *I lost it internally* I went ahead and left some serious good feedback for him at TellGamestop. So now I have a MM Link to pick up at BB and a TP Link to pick up at this other GS so that just leaves me getting SS Link at Amazom. 

crazy-dance.gif

Edited by Juanblue85
4 hours ago, Juanblue85 said:

Ocarina of Time Link available on Play-Asia. In fact many of the Zelda amiibo are available even the new ones.

http://www.play-asia.com/amiibo-the-legend-of-zelda-series-figure-link-toki-no-ocarina/13/70ai37

So today I managed to call my GameStop to see if they received their restock of BotW amiibo and they did so I hurried over (thanks to a $15 GS Reward Coupon) and bought Guardian amiibo for my NiB set (all caught up now :)) I asked about the TP Link since I saw he had three of them behind him sadly he only had enough to cover pre orders (three pre-orders) so I was screwed. I couldn't believe what happened next he went and called another GameStop that he pre ordered a TP Link from and said that he was cancelling on getting it and was willing to give to me so he gave the details to the other GameStop so I just have to go over there on Friday and get my TP Link *I lost it internally* I went ahead and left some serious good feedback for him at TellGamestop. So now I have a MM Link to pick up at BB and a TP Link to pick up at this other GS so that just leaves me getting SS Link at Amazom. 

crazy-dance.gif

I wish my PayAsia purchase went smooth... its been a headache from day 1 that I placed the order.... and looks like with all the issues compounding I might not actually get Sheik or Ganon.  And it might not necessarily be PA's fault this time...

Edited by purple_beard