amiibo/toys to life Thread

Hey gang, Welcome to the amiibo thread where we can discuss all things amiibo or toys to life in general. I'm still three smash characters away from a complete set on both sealed and open and I haven't bought an amiibo in a long while as I decided to simply pass the New Kirby line and Splatoon wave 2 amiibo for the time being unless they get much cheaper. I'm planning to get the Super Mario Bros. wave 2 set that arrives in November so I won't be missing out on glow in the dark Boo or Waluigi. Its good to know that we finally had a glimpse of the Bayonetta amiibo in the works but so far nothing yet on Cloud and Corrin. Anyways here are some pictures of the new Monster Hunter Stories amiibo that are coming out in Japan very soon with a Wave 2 already coming in December.

axT6KU8.pngEboM1po.png

3uvxina.png

dJa3oga.png

HoFAJ48.png

I never really had any interest in getting the SMB wave 2 amiibo but after seeing Diddy Kong and that Boo glows in the dark. I just want those.

I also want, the last 3 Smash DLC amiibo too, along with Callie and Marie, and all the Zelda amiibo we know so far as well. I think that pretty much wraps up what amiibo I want to get.

28 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

I never really had any interest in getting the SMB wave 2 amiibo but after seeing Diddy Kong and that Boo glows in the dark. I just want those.

I also want, the last 3 Smash DLC amiibo too, along with Callie and Marie, and all the Zelda amiibo we know so far as well. I think that pretty much wraps up what amiibo I want to get.

ah yes I forgot about the new Legend of Zelda anniversary line coming in December I believe. Definitely getting one of each of those. dang shame Toon Ganondorf wasn't included as it would have been nice with that Toon Link and Toon Zelda.

Just now, Juanblue85 said:

ah yes I forgot about the new Legend of Zelda anniversary line coming in December I believe. Definitely getting one of each of those. dang shame Toon Ganondorf wasn't included as it would have been nice with that Toon Link and Toon Zelda.

When I say all the Zelda amiibo, I mean all of the Breath of the Wild ones too. So the 30th anniversary and the BotW, I am a Zelda fan. I gotta get them all.

Though, if that was the case I'd have Zelda Smash amiibo too but my principle on that is that I only buy amiibo of characters I can actually play as and she not one of them.:kirby-cry: At least I'll be getting the Toon Zelda amiibo to sort of make up for it. I don't care how many Link amiibo I have, tho they all function the same in games already released and compatible with those amiibo, again Zelda fan.

I have over 25 Amiibos, most which I bought at discount or for literally nothing (due to rewards programs and sales). 

I have the most in Splatoon, Smash and Animal Crossing (not counting cards). 

I also own a Toad (Mario Party), a Shovel Knight, and a few others. 

Oh I didn't have any trouble getting them since launch day. 

I LOVE ANIMAL CROSSING SERIES AND AMIIBO FESTIVAL... I said it and I mean every word of it. 

The Animal Crossing ones are rapidly becoming my favorite series and are well made. 

My cousin (27 years old who plays everything from Call of Duty to Mario Party), Her boyfriend (same age who plays everything literally) and myself love Amiibo Festival main board game mode. 

It's the best relaxing, easy going, light heard board game mode ever!  

I definitely got my $60 at launch out of this game... (Some of the mini games are just as fun). 

I also wanted Digby!

It has gotten ~27 hours of gameplay here.

Now please give me a digital copy please... (I hate having to put the disk in each time she comes over)...

With that said I am buying the Zelda Anniversary Amiibos on December 2nd, so you've all been warned it you get in my way. 

I also want the Glow in the Dark Boo when he comes out, the last 3 Smash Amiibos and a few others. 

Please Nintendo make a Captain Toad Amiibo. 

Odd question, but recently iremembered we're supposed to be getting Corrin,Bayonetta, and Cloud Smash Amiibo

It's been quite awhile since they were mentioned - has Nintendo said anything on them yet since then? I haven't heard or seen anything of late about it myself

I heard a Bayonetta Amiibo was teased, but i don't know if that's related to smash or not

Just somewhat curious on this

31 minutes ago, Xenocity said:

They in theory should be coming out by year's end.

It takes them about 8 months to go from concept to market provided everything goes right.

I bet we will hear about them soon... 

Not that I need any more Amiibos. 

Ah, okay - just wasn't sure

Well, hopefully we hear something about the last three soon-ish

I still haven't gotten around to picking any up

Now LEGO Dimensions on the other hand, ive gotten a decent amount of progress on - still missing 30 expansion packs (24 Year 1,6 Year 2 Wave 6) left

I was never really interested in the "toys to life" thing until Amiibo came around. Since then I've bought a decent amount, mostly of characters I like: All the FE Amiibo, Zelda, Rosalina, green abd blue Yarn Yoshi, Palutena, Squid Girl (don't actually know her name or played Slatoon, but I love squids and I liked the design), and dog chick from Animal Crossing (never played an AC game since they're not my style, but I like to play as dog chick in MK8 sometimes). I don't really use them much in games, though. I've scanned the FE ones into Fates occasionally for accessories but that's all. They're cute figures, though, and they look nice on my shelf.

@ Juan you want to keep this strictly about releases of figures and dates?  Or do you want to also bring back the "Post your Amiibo Collection" thread in this or prefer it in its own thread?

Next Waves of releases:

10/14 BBY Rare Amiibo Restock

Gold Mario 

Lucina

Pit

Samus

Mega Man

Sonic

Dark Pit

Shulk

Ness.

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/line-up#release

11/ 4 /16  Amiibogeddon IV: Mario Party Time

Wario / Mario

Waluigi / Mario

Donkey Kong / Mario

Diddy Kong / Mario

Daisy / Mario

Boo / Mario *glows in the dark

Rosalina / Mario

12/2/16 LoZ Amiibogeddon

8 Bit Link / 30th Anniversary LoZ

Zelda + Link Wind Waker 2pk / 30th Anniversary LoZ

OoT Link / 30th Anniversary LoZ

**Feb '17**

Poochy Amiibo w' Yoshis Woolly World 3DS

** March '17 (?) **

Archer Link / BotW LoZ

Rider Link / BotW LoZ

(?) Guardian / BotW LoZ * (? because Nintendo showed it at E3 but on their Amiibo page it is not listed)

2 hours ago, Juanblue85 said:

I want all of them :D

But that glow in the dark boo is a MUST HAVE IMO!

IMO, of the similar ones

Smash > Mario Rosalina

*I do like the clean look of the Mario one, but the Smash one just fits her better.

Smash = Mario DK

* I like both equally, but I kind of like Mario DK's stance better.

Smash >= Mario Wario

*tough call, I like the OG look of the Mario one...but the detail and biker bad assness of the Smash one make it a push for me.

He didn't open a Diddy so...

I will definitely be happy to have an adult Link amiibo that doesn't look like he's pissing himself, but I'm actually especially happy for Daisy. I've never actually played a proper game with Daisy in it, but I was introduced to her back in the Mario Kart Double Dash days when she would yell out "HI I'M DAISY" whenever you swapped to her and I've had a fondness for her ever since. It will also be the second Amiibo I get of a character that I primarily play in Mario Kart.

On 9/29/2016 at 4:10 PM, DLurkster said:

I want the Boo one too. I'd love to get a Duck Hunt Dog/duck one as well some day though.