amiibo/toys to life Thread

Easy answer for me and this has been basically my answer since day 1 with amiibo....take them out of the boxes.

My first amiibo and the majority of the ones I get currently on the Smash amiibo. There are ppl who maybe buy them for collection, buy 2 sets; one for collection and one to open up for Smash or whatever function to use. I love Smash Bros with all my heart and to this day Smash Bros with amiibo is still best function for this toys to life that I when I get new Smash amiibo immediately train them to Lv.50 using my patented training program.

With that said that is the reason I open them for me, that and you couldn't scan amiibo for use with the small circular silver cardboard blocking the NFC in the amiibo stand. But it appears maybe slightly before Min Min came out they took that out. It's sort of too late for me to start keeping them in the boxes, I have no room to but the boxes anywhere to a point. (I don't what that guy who all in for shelfing the boxes says he has room, that takes up a 3x amount the space of an amiibo. I don't care how much space you have you will run out quicker with those boxes as nice as some of them are) Back in December 2019, I got a makeshift shelves to put my amiibo on for now that is hold the fort for amiibo I open up currently cause the places I had before are filling up now so if I am running out spaces for the figurines, as I said I would of ran out a long time ago in box and to me would be useless cause I actually use amiibo defeats the purpose to me.

Tho, despite me opening....majority of amiibo, there are a few I still keep package cause I bought them specifically collection purposes or wasn't gonna use them cause they are too precious to use. The Gold and Silver Mario amiibo sealed and had never had a use for them anyways. Some of the rare Smash amiibo like Ness, Villager and Famicom R.O.B. are sealed too. That last one Famicom R.O.B. I actually bought a duplicate for to open and one for sealed.

So from all of that I have no problem opening, sealed or very rarely or at all buying duplicate amiibo. Tho majority will be open in how view and want to use amiibo especially in Smash. I'll have to evaluate if I might keep amiibo sealed going forward if I can really scan them in the package and prioritize room for them, we'll see. 

There have been 3 games out to get me to open amiibos: Smash, Super Mario Maker 1, and Yoshi's Woolly World.  These three had strong enough ties to make want to.  All the other ones I have collected I have kept in box because of no real reason to open them because of what they do.

I think we're close to having Nintendo re-imagine the line as collectible figurines for their characters. 

28 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

I think we're close to having Nintendo re-imagine the line as collectible figurines for their characters. 

That last part as nice as it sounds (personally, I kinda don't see the point) expensive to do.

Nintendo, outside a business thinking like a business want their IP to expand their reach than just video games, it's why we have the toys for life, mobile video game, amusement parks and movies. So if their version of toys to life the only kind on the market and slowly losing relevance, making them strictly figurines muddles their value to use in video game like originally intended. To turn course now would be costly cause they don't make a lot money so having them multi-purpose with video game, where if you buy a amiibo and ppl actually use them, they will buy the video game associated with the. Thus the additional loss in revune amiibo to video games where if you cut the interaction video games and make them figurines you lose that additional income where the dwindling amiibo cost to make won't be worth it much longer than it is now.

Stick to what they do till Nintendo thinks it serves no purpose, we all know and the writing is on the wall, amiibo are not like they used and right now Nintendo is just monitoring when they might stop doing amiibo altogether. Changing anything now for whatever idea will make the ship sink faster. Stay the course with figurine collectible and intractables in video games till they see no purpose no longer.

On 8/10/2022 at 10:05 AM, purple_beard said:

Pretty slick designs....odd about the delay from game launch.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/08/new-splatoon-3-amiibo-revealed-including-inkling-octoling-and-smallfry

What they do.

Not that odd, when you think about the whole Smash DLC amiibo delay, the switcheroo of Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and Splatoon 3 release date and finally it appears the demand for amiibo is not high so why push amiibo out sooner and more?

Factor all of that and these Splatoon 3 amiibo makes to me why not out in launch. That and I never heard of amiibo so close to game launch, get announced and release in the same go. It's usually announce vague date, close to launch with game release date, it will come out with game. Yes, we can all guess amiibo was gonna come with Splatoon 3 but did anyone really think at any point before now or even now these amiibo would come out in time for Splatoon 3 release date?

Personally, I don't mind the wait. As usual will pick amiibo for games I will play and they look nice. Both categories check so, I'll get them, when I get them.

20 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Not that odd, when you think about the whole Smash DLC amiibo delay, the switcheroo of Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and Splatoon 3 release date and finally it appears the demand for amiibo is not high so why push amiibo out sooner and more?

Factor all of that and these Splatoon 3 amiibo makes to me why not out in launch. That and I never heard of amiibo so close to game launch, get announced and release in the same go. It's usually announce vague date, close to launch with game release date, it will come out with game. Yes, we can all guess amiibo was gonna come with Splatoon 3 but did anyone really think at any point before now or even now these amiibo would come out in time for Splatoon 3 release date?

Personally, I don't mind the wait. As usual will pick amiibo for games I will play and they look nice. Both categories check so, I'll get them, when I get them.

?

Aside from Smash's considerable roster....  SMO amiibo launched with game, BotW amiibo launched with game, Kirby Amiibo launched with game, Splatoon and Splatoon 2 had t heirs launch with their games respectively, Yoshi's Wooly World has all the yarn Yoshis and Poochy at launch--- Giant Yarn Yoshi I don't think rolled out till later, 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DLurkster said:

That pic of Kazuya does not do him any favors and make him look bootleg.

Sephiroth is *chef kiss*.

Sephiroth is this shiz of the two, no doubt.  I'd need a better shot of Kazuya before I'd throw shade on that one but I did see comment on the article on nintendolife.com  about wishing he was in his suit.

Edited by purple_beard
1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

Sephiroth is this ship of the two, no doubt.  I'd need a better shot of Kazuya before I'd throw shade on that one but I did see comment on the article on nintendolife.com  about wishing he was in his suit.

True but I still like to point out that shot his not doing him any favors of presentation of the amiibo itself, a shame.

As suits and shirtless. As you know the art and pose of Ultimate characters is what the amiibo are modelled off of. It was like that for Smash 4 as well. It's just in Ultimate case they made sure the poses were easy to create for amiibo this time around and also amiibo from Smash 4 days have gotten a lot better too. So we come a long way in how amiibo appearance getting much better. Yeah, back to the suit and shirtless so Kazuya by default art in Smash is shirtless, it would of been cool to see a suit variant but the only characters to get that were some of the Smash 4 DLC characters like Corrin, Cloud, and Bayonetta those were the exceptions.

Same goes for Sephrioth, like tho his default is his signature suit I wouldn't mind if there was shirtless version laughs for me. I'm okay with both what we got but we need a better shot of Kazuya.