amiibo/toys to life Thread

All righty its been a while and the new amiibo are coming in three weeks time. So far I managed to purchase King Dedede from the Kirby line of amiibo so I plan to get Kirby later will likely try to track down Waddle Dee and Meta Knight which is harder to find. Super Mario Bros. line I just simply need to get the Boo amiibo. Haven't bought any from the Monster Hunter Stories line and not too interested in Shovel Knight line. I have yet to get my hands on the Splat2n amiibo and the original Inkling Squid from Splatoon. Not too interested in the recolors. I'm going to have rearrange the Smash line in my wall to match the character select screen from Smash Ultimate.

Oh, I know how hard it is to get MK Kirby series amiibo I was lucky a few months back on amazon.ca and found one for $40 instead of there's none in stock or more like pay double or more. Waddle Dee got and was easy. The MK Kirby series amiibo was the last to complete that series. Boo was a hard one too but I found one relatively quick. Got all the Splatoon amibo from Splatoon to Splatoon 2, (that includes callie and marie/pearl and marina, minus the recolors) the callie and marie got almost as price as the MK Kirby series amiibo. I have shovel knight and I plan to get the 3-piece set. No interest in the MH amiibo.

The amiibo coming through in December is Wolf, Ridley and the 3 piece set Octolings. Have not seen PO open for the amiibo announced in last Smash direct.

7 hours ago, DLurkster said:

amiibo toys to life turns for 4 years old today!

I vividly remember thinking why I should even bother with them and then to I'll just get ones important to me.  ...Then the droughts... Then the rarity...  Then the hunting....   And then having so many it's like...a few more and I got them all.  .... And then these killer sales....  Go for the sealed set....   

Truly, once you start down the dark path, forever will it change your destiny!

And still, I think Smash did and used amiibos the best with the closest to it being Mario maker and wooly world.

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 3:19 AM, purple_beard said:

I vividly remember thinking why I should even bother with them and then to I'll just get ones important to me.  ...Then the droughts... Then the rarity...  Then the hunting....   And then having so many it's like...a few more and I got them all.  .... And then these killer sales....  Go for the sealed set....   

Truly, once you start down the dark path, forever will it change your destiny!

And still, I think Smash did and used amiibos the best with the closest to it being Mario maker and wooly world.

Yeah, I remember this with you so you know when anyone dip their toe with one, there's gonna be amiibo that draws you in and you most likely won't stop.

It's a slippery slope.