MK8 / MK8 DLX Game Night discussion thread

4 hours ago, DLurkster said:

PB is in charge of this joint, I hope it better than what happened with the smash nights.

I joined the club, so you'll see me on the peasant version of this game cause I currently do not have Switch yet.... Oh joy.lshifty;

Welcome to the club, DL!

I mean, the MK club, but also the "No Switch yet" club. You aren't alone in that regard. V:

Glad to see you back here though!

18 hours ago, Lt. Surge said:

Welcome to the club, DL!

I mean, the MK club, but also the "No Switch yet" club. You aren't alone in that regard. V:

Glad to see you back here though!

Oh, I thought you'd be one of the few on here to own a Switch. Now I'm curious who has a Switch and who doesn't. That same question could be applied to me of those who thought I have a Switch. It just comes down, I never really had the money much less PO but I'm glad I waited. The Switch is on fire with so many games to play.

I take it because you still playing MK8 on Wii U, you're still king of the hill here, huh? I look forward to this Thursday to see how really rusty I am. Compared to Smash on Wii U, I only play MK8 with you guys. So I know I have to be hella rusty.

On 10/16/2017 at 8:10 PM, DLurkster said:

PB is in charge of this joint, I hope it better than what happened with the smash nights.

I joined the club, so you'll see me on the peasant version of this game cause I currently do not have Switch yet.... Oh joy.lshifty;

I'm not in charge of MK8 racing be it the DLX night or the U night.

Smash nights wasn't my fault -- no one showed up to Smash so.... it died due to lack of participation interest.

Who is racing on DLX tonight?

WWs again?

So apparently there was some updates for MK8DX, here are the notes:

Version 1.3.0

Video capture compatibility added. Hold the Capture Button to capture up to 30 seconds of the previous footage.

The system must be updated to Ver 4.0.0 or higher to use this feature.

Now more difficult to float down using the glider when Smart Steering is ON.

Blue Shells no longer hit the second place player when the first place player hasn’t yet crossed the finish line.

Extended the invulnerability period after spinning out or crashing.

Changes made to Online Play prior to Ver.1.2.1 now apply to Wireless Play and LAN Play as well:

When further back in a race, will receive better items to help catch up to other players.

No more than one Piranha Plant will appear at a time.

Updating to Ver 1.3.0 will prevent users from Wireless Play or LAN Play with users on Ver.1.2.1 or lower.

I'll be on tonight for the peasant version of MK8.

On 11/1/2017 at 7:16 PM, purple_beard said:

Do Mii's in mii racing outfts tonight?  Damn, its been a while since I broke out the Star Fox or Pac Man... 2 of my faves.... with Bowser a strong #3.

We should do this tonight as well, since this will be our last time ever using the tourney room in MK8 Wii U, do to Miiverse closing Wed.

Just use Miis. It doesn't have to be an outfit.

Edited by alienboyva