Site News, Feedback, and Help

Kodiack

I have updated the default theme to a new Ninfora Dark one. This theme can currently be considered beta, but it should work more reliably than the previous one and is much easier to maintain. If you run into any issues with it, please let us know! Likewise, if you have any feedback on the look and feel, now is an opportune time to share it.

The previous Ninfora Dark theme will be removed once this one has been suitably tweaked.

When I'm trying to view the new posts on like the Overwatch thread (General Gaming), I keep getting

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX0

Da fuq?

10 minutes ago, Ridley Prime said:

When I'm trying to view the new posts on like the Overwatch thread (General Gaming), I keep getting

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX0

Da fuq?

Strange. What theme are you using? I'm using the new dark theme and can see the new posts ok. Using Chrome.

Edited by Doc Brown

Was able to see the new post in the thread when I changed to the other two themes, but when I change back to Ninfora Dark (my preferred theme), it doesn't work and I still get that error message when I go there. Doubt it's something to do with my browser (Firefox) when everything else still works like normal, but at least I know for now that changing themes as needed is a work-around. :u

The Ninfora Dark theme has a few issues and will be removed after the default Ninfora Dark beta theme is fully fleshed out. The beta theme should be your go-to dark theme.

10 hours ago, Reilly said:

Are you replacing the light skin, too? Because that skin still has this overlap issue on mobile. The new skin seems to have solved this by removing post count entirely.

Reveal hidden contents

Hah, I never even realised this. I'll take a look this weekend. Does anyone particularly care about showing post count in replies? I'm assuming it was removed as part of the 4.2 update in favour of "reputation". Could likely be easily changed though.

Post counts aren't really meaningful in conversation so I think they're better off absent from posts. I also feel that way about reputation points too. I'm personally of the mind that miscellaneous information like that is best kept in profiles and not everywhere they can be.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2017 at 7:36 PM, Kodiack said:

The Ninfora Dark theme has a few issues and will be removed after the default Ninfora Dark beta theme is fully fleshed out. The beta theme should be your go-to dark theme.

Hah, I never even realised this. I'll take a look this weekend. Does anyone particularly care about showing post count in replies? I'm assuming it was removed as part of the 4.2 update in favour of "reputation". Could likely be easily changed though.

Ah, I was wondering where the Like button went

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, L'Arachel said:

@Kodiack Pretty minor, but the dark theme has lost its little tab icon. Sample below, with the dark skin being the top tab and the light skin for the bottom tab.

fPrdVW3.png

Hmm, yep, looks like the favicon is missing on some pages. I'll take a further look at that tomorrow, time permitting.

14 hours ago, Reilly said:

Looks like the 'like' buttons don't approve of certain non-letter characters.

uhhh.png

Looks like some characters get escaped but don't get converted back properly. I'll look into this one. Should be an easy enough fix once I've got the time to investigate further.

• 4 weeks later...

I'll just use the topic and see how that goes.

Is there any way that someone could remove the Thursday MK8 event and move the MK8 Deluxe event to that day? I know at this point it probably doesn't matter since people might not pay attention to it but otherwise it would lead to confusion for those that do.

• 4 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Zora said:

@Kodiack

probably not the most important thing, but when I updated my contact information, one of the fields was weird. 

Reveal hidden contents

At least, I don't it should say core_pfieldgrous_0

I'm sure it's an entirely cosmetic thing, but I figured it wouldn't hurt posting about it?

Fixed! There must have been an issue in the database during a migration. Some of the profile fields got set to group 0, which doesn't exist.

image.png

Run a query to update those to 2 (the contact details group) and all is well. :)

• 3 weeks later...