Site News, Feedback, and Help

Kodiack

On 8/27/2021 at 12:24 PM, alienboyva said:

I hate to ask again, but can the size be increased to the size they are on the dark theme?

Done.

On 9/2/2021 at 7:02 AM, Eliwood8 said:

@Kodiack Weird little error I'm seeing: when I click on "Forums" in the screenshot below I get a secure connection warning, as if the site doesn't have an HTTPS version. To make matters weirder I'm only seeing this error on the light theme. Maybe some sort of automatic link redirect that isn't working properly? Super low priority since it really doesn't change anything, the forum homepage still loads fine if I click on "Ninfora", but just letting you know.

Are you still seeing this? If so, could you provide more information on browser, etc? Every Ninfora link should be HTTPS, and Ninfora uses HSTS to ensure that all incoming connections are through HTTPS.

On 9/2/2021 at 12:41 PM, Doc Brown said:

I'm curious... are member titles just not visible on mobile?  Could have sworn they used to be. 

I'm looking to see if I can make member titles consistently appear nicely with some new mobile theme changes.

• 3 weeks later...

@Kodiack: I thought I was going crazy the last few weeks or days, lost track because this doesn't happen often but something worse happened today more than I expect when this first started for me. I can't say for anyone else.

Anyways, immediately after logging in it seems, when I finish writing an post and then click submit reply it would stay on Saving for so long. In some cases and not always, it would take long to exit that thread by any link means. Of course the post I made does not show up in the thread, I go back and like usual the thread remembers what one wrote in there last of that thread but I still run into long saving thing. After a little trial and error, (and remember this long loading doesn't happen all the time I login) I clear the post, exit the thread, re-enter the thread and of course nothing comes up because you left the thread with nothing there before exiting, not posting.

Today now, all of the above occurred but now any links like YouTube or Twitter weren't embedding at all and long before I hit submit reply I see this error at the bottom of the reply window.

1567668462_Screenshot2021-09-22172345.png.c1a1bb2d8d5b684f4ad0f24e6f84c26c.png

Like the few time of posts not going thru or long loading, along with this error, these issues work themselves out on their own (rarely) or I have to do the clear post, exit thread and post again till it works.

You said to reach out to you if anything weird happens, well this has to be it. I just wanted to make sure if this was a one off, or there's a pattern but I think since no one else have reported, I hope I am not the only one experiencing this. Also I've always use firefox to browse Ninfora on Win 10 PC. Browser updated to the latest version.

• 2 weeks later...

@Kodiack: To give you a heads up since the last post of mine here if the issue got worse or just sporadic same issue where post is continuing later. It's the latter, one last Wednesday evening and one just a while ago.

The only thing that was different (not only am I tracking when these happens but if anything weird happens to my laptop, browser or internet that day) is last Wednesday evening, my internet went down earlier in the day but came back after a few minutes. Today same long loading before a post but no issue with my laptop, browser or internet.

I don't know if that helps stems down why this happens and seems only for me.

EDIT: The embedded issue and post taking long to go thru happened today. No laptop, browser or internet issue today too. I'm only reporting differences if something different happens from the last time, tho at least locally from my computer everything seems fine.

Edited by DLurkster
  • 4 weeks later...

@Kodiack: I thought I fixed the issue I seem to be only experiencing by clearing the cache on firefox. (that I browser Ninfora on) I was thinking of doing when I noticed this was being pattern but I thought what does this have to do with why posts won't load. I cleared and it worked but sometime later, (don't know how many days later) the struggling to load post came back again.

I am at my wits ends and I understand your busy and still atm I am the only experiencing this but it feels like I am yelling into void with my solutions and they come back and laugh at my attempts to resolve on my end.

I guess for the time being I will just have to accept what happening without knowing why it happens, what causes it and how to resolve it.

Hmm, I thought I mentioned this in the post here in this thread but I have run into the same issues on Google Chrome as well but I haven't cleared the cache there. If that is so than the temporary solution like erasing the post and keep trying to to see if the post will eventually load would mean that this isn't just specific browser problem or even the device I am using at the time.

So that is why I come here to write my experience and see if anything I tried is something that can be looked into from the forum server end. Sounds like from what I am at least experiencing but who knows I don't much about what makes a forum runs.

As for viewing embedded things on here via mobile, that's been a issue for time since the last update not the recent one this year. That and how you want to a forum to work one way won't work the same on another device. That's a definite trial and error what will eventually work. The issue I am experiencing alone or not sounds like something to at least investigate more on the forum side. I've done all that I can on my side, for now I just have to accept these new quirks.

@DLurkster thanks for the extra info there. I’m still struggling to replicate any issues on my end, but I am continuing to look into it. Any chance you could fetch me a screenshot or two of the issue when it happens? It may at least help me narrow it down a bit more.

@Ridley Prime what mobile device and browser are you using? What happens with embeds not showing? Do they just not show entirely, or does something weird/broken show up instead?

@Kodiack: Okay, if you think that will help. As taking a screenshot as it happens to me doesn't mean much if you don't the how as I've done my best to explain. The last screenshot I showed with the embedded error seems to be the most pertinent to provide. If I run into the issue a again, I will screenshot it.

@Ridley Prime: Thanks for the report that the embedded issue is happening on an another forum. Tho I want to say it's browser exclusive thing, as I said this issue is happening on Firefox and Google sort of dismisses it's a Google thing if the forum application is the same with this forum and the one you visit. However if both functions different but if the application is the same and customize how it functions then the possibility of it being a forum problems is more probable.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be closer to the true answer. Changed Sherlock Holmes quote at the end that better fits this conundrum.

On 9/22/2021 at 5:46 PM, DLurkster said:

Anyways, immediately after logging in it seems, when I finish writing an post and then click submit reply it would stay on Saving for so long. In some cases and not always, it would take long to exit that thread by any link means. Of course the post I made does not show up in the thread, I go back and like usual the thread remembers what one wrote in there last of that thread but I still run into long saving thing. After a little trial and error, (and remember this long loading doesn't happen all the time I login) I clear the post, exit the thread, re-enter the thread and of course nothing comes up because you left the thread with nothing there before exiting, not posting.

@Kodiack: The above here is the screenshot below.

683306430_Screenshot2021-11-05115807.thumb.png.840ab9deb872f8b23559189ce185d891.png

The above was taken from this thread:

On the General Nintendo Board. The above can happen on any board or thread, there's no distinction. I hope this helps. Once again, the clearing and the logging out only works sometime for the post to eventually go thru but I had to clear my cache on Firefox for the post to finally go thru.

• 3 months later...

I was wondering when would be a good time to report posts not going thru and today marks 2 months. In my head I thought it's been a month or maybe since the last time I have not experience the issue. Going with the latter and yes the issue of post not going thru is not happening anymore so thanks @Kodiack. It feels weird to thank you for something very few experienced and it seems you had no way of seeing how why this issue was happening but thanks nonetheless?

Tho, I am here to report another issue on the mobile side of the forum. On an Android phone and using the Samsung default browser. I know I updated it a few days ago so I don't know if that is the cause but I also tried to see if this happens on the other browser I have on my phone and it does. The issue is when I click the minutes of who last post in the thread, it should take me to the last post but instead it takes me to the OP of thread everytime on each browser.

Just wanted you to know the above with the previous issue is no more and this mobile problem for the forum.

EDIT: My bad, the issue of not going to the latest post is issue on desktop too but more accurately, when you are not logged into the site. When logged in either, (which I log in more on the desktop then the mobile) I can go to the latest post just not when I am not logged in either desktop or mobile.

Edited by DLurkster
  • 1 month later...

@Kodiack: Have gotten around to this yet?

Tho, I am here to report another issue on the mobile side of the forum. On an Android phone and using the Samsung default browser. I know I updated it a few days ago so I don't know if that is the cause but I also tried to see if this happens on the other browser I have on my phone and it does. The issue is when I click the minutes of who last post in the thread, it should take me to the last post but instead it takes me to the OP of thread everytime on each browser.

Just wanted you to know the above with the previous issue is no more and this mobile problem for the forum.

EDIT: My bad, the issue of not going to the latest post is issue on desktop too but more accurately, when you are not logged into the site. When logged in either, (which I log in more on the desktop then the mobile) I can go to the latest post just not when I am not logged in either desktop or mobile.

Curious, it's been exactly a month since I posted and still experiencing this when logged. Whether or not this matters because one is not logged, this should be looked into if one follows and lurker or I (it's in my username here) lurk in posts here logged out, then when I have more time then post.

With that all said why I think this should be looked into why this is happening even if no one is saying anything. Sorry if that sound harsh or I am impatient, I understand you could be busy forgot or just life. Just wanted to remind about this.

Get to this whenever you can. I won't bring this up again if nothing happens so be it.

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, alienboyva said:

@Kodiack Can we get the Discord invite link added back to the main page where the FB and Twitter links are?

We had someone who wanted to join the chat in our Mario Kart night and had to do some digging to find the invite link.

Ah yep, can do. I’ll add it when I’m back home.