Site News, Feedback, and Help

Kodiack

• 1 month later...

@Kodiack

I tried another Smash pic off my phone tonight and its file size per upload window was 3.2 mb wich is under the limit to do it off my phone so....  the odd part is the status bar goes all the way to the end before it gives that error message I had reported.  Sorry about the delay on relaying that....but since I got one off my camera I just went with that...

On 3/27/2021 at 2:44 PM, purple_beard said:

@Kodiack

I tried another Smash pic off my phone tonight and its file size per upload window was 3.2 mb wich is under the limit to do it off my phone so....  the odd part is the status bar goes all the way to the end before it gives that error message I had reported.  Sorry about the delay on relaying that....but since I got one off my camera I just went with that...

I'm doing some site maintenance and updates near the middle of the week and I'll be looking into this at the same time. I believe I know what it may be.

2 hours ago, Kodiack said:

I'm doing some site maintenance and updates near the middle of the week and I'll be looking into this at the same time. I believe I know what it may be.

I was thinking...and maybe you could offer an opinion....  would it be an issue with the phone doing it?  Like the phone processing the upload?  Even in my mind, though once it goes to 100% uploaded the next screen should be the picture to post in the thread not the error message.

FWIW, phone is Android based and browser is Chrome.  I don't get issues using pics off phone in text messages so....  not sure what could bug out doing uploads this way.

On 3/23/2021 at 4:02 AM, DLurkster said:

Unless it is my imagination. I haven't logged in for long but twice in a short span it took forever to load one part of the forum to another.

It seems okay now but thought I mention it if no one has.

Let me know if you run into anymore issues. The recent site maintenance I've done should further improve reliability/performance consistency a bit as well.

On 3/31/2021 at 3:29 AM, Kodiack said:

Let me know if you run into anymore issues. The recent site maintenance I've done should further improve reliability/performance consistency a bit as well.

Will do. I thought I was the only one the site was not working for this past Saturday afternoon. I hope it helps as you said.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ran into a handshake issue while trying to load Ninfora. Had a similar issue while trying to load another site too, Serebii. Both had an issue with the SSL certificate (I think). Will keep my eyes open and get a screenshot in case it happens again.

47 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Ran into a handshake issue while trying to load Ninfora. Had a similar issue while trying to load another site too, Serebii. Both had an issue with the SSL certificate (I think). Will keep my eyes open and get a screenshot in case it happens again.

Interesting, I'd be inclined to think it may have been a temporary browser hiccup. Serebii and Ninfora have notably different TLS and hosting configurations and I can't think of anything that may have caused that.

Do let me know if it recurs, however. Might be able to troubleshoot it regardless.

7 hours ago, Kodiack said:

Interesting, I'd be inclined to think it may have been a temporary browser hiccup. Serebii and Ninfora have notably different TLS and hosting configurations and I can't think of anything that may have caused that.

Do let me know if it recurs, however. Might be able to troubleshoot it regardless.

Could be. 

Will do.