Site News, Feedback, and Help

Kodiack

Was there a change made to going directly to the most recent/unread post in a thread? I noticed that when on a board, if you click a thread it takes you to the OP instead of the most recent/unread post, even if it shows there are new unread posts. However if you click on a thread form the main page, it takes you directly *Iwata hand motion* to the most recent/unread post. 

What's up with the followers list? I had 7 before the update and now I'm down to 4.

Screenshot_20201119-003609_Samsung Internet.jpg

I just checked via another friends profile and it shows me following him and it seems to be a mutual follow. 

Link to their profile. 

https://ninfora.com/forums/index.php?/profile/235-ikit-klaw/

Edited by Doc Brown

Ah, no, just a bit of wonky wrap-around text due to the image. I made the image a little bigger so it should push those first two words down, though I don't know what the ideal image size would be for everyone since everyone's screen is a little bit different in size (also I almost never browse on mobile, so the images are formatted for a desktop view). Maybe there's a way to prevent that kind of thing entirely, but I wouldn't know.

On 11/19/2020 at 6:39 PM, Doc Brown said:

What's up with the followers list? I had 7 before the update and now I'm down to 4.

There's a minor site optimisation that removes topic/forum/user/etc follows from accounts that have been inactive for 365+ days.

4 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

Not sure if this is a glitch on my end or a deliberate pun by @Eliwood8 involving the word "ant", since it's a review of a game about bugs...

That's a fantastic coincidence, but it's definitely a bug. I'll look around a bit and see if I can figure out what may cause it and how to resolve it. Text wrapping should behave a bit nicer.

4 hours ago, Pichi said:

@Kodiack any chance of colors returning along with the new build? hamcute;

It's still something that I'd really, really like to do, but it's the most dev-intensive thing on my list without any supporting plugin to take care of it.

2 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

Extremely minor issue, but when I click on the last page of a thread, it takes me to the top of that page instead of the most recent post.

That's more just around consistency. When you go to other pages in a thread, it will put you at the top of that page. The quickest way to hop to the latest unread post is by clicking this button in the forum listing:

image.png

1 hour ago, Kodiack said:

There's a minor site optimisation that removes topic/forum/user/etc follows from accounts that have been inactive for 365+ days.

That's a fantastic coincidence, but it's definitely a bug. I'll look around a bit and see if I can figure out what may cause it and how to resolve it. Text wrapping should behave a bit nicer.

It's still something that I'd really, really like to do, but it's the most dev-intensive thing on my list without any supporting plugin to take care of it.

That's more just around consistency. When you go to other pages in a thread, it will put you at the top of that page. The quickest way to hop to the latest unread post is by clicking this button in the forum listing:

image.png

Ah I see. Thanks.

23 hours ago, alienboyva said:

I’m not sure if this is an issue with the light skin, but I noticed this on mobile...

Did that happen just once, or is it staying that way? It could be a cache issue. The like button is showing normally for me on mobile with the Light theme currently.

15 minutes ago, Kodiack said:

Did that happen just once, or is it staying that way? It could be a cache issue. The like button is showing normally for me on mobile with the Light theme currently.

The like button is staying that way and it shows up like that on both skins. IDK if it's a Safari on iOS issue... BTW, this was the first time I used the site on mobile since the update.

Edited by alienboyva
4 minutes ago, Kodiack said:

Were you able to upload the image on a subsequent attempt? Or did it continue to fail outright?

It kept on failing. The odd thing is, I can upload other images just fine. I'll try again.

It worked with a 1 mb image, but any 4 mb ones do not work. It runs into the same error. 

20201028_130829.jpg

Edited by Doc Brown
6 minutes ago, Kodiack said:

That is incredibly strange if it's image-specific. I'll have a dig through some logs, but can't guarantee that I'll find anything.

Yea it is and it seems to be size specific too. Tried with another 4 mb image and ran into the same issue. Thanks.

Edited by Doc Brown