Site News, Feedback, and Help

Kodiack

I don't necessarily hate dark themes, it's just that I prefer light themes. ...Except on Discord. Though, that's mostly because the light theme has too much white and I mostly use it at night during our N4A Mario Kart nights.

Now, when there's the option to have it auto switch from light to dark theme buy time of day, I'm all for that!  

Edited by alienboyva
3 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Just a heads up @Kodiack

I just posted these images from imgur in a spoiler post here:

The images are not showing up, just the link and the [img] on each side of the link in the spoiler.

I posted this from laptop on firefox, just to let you know. I try other methods to see how I can get the images to show up.

EDIT: NVM, I think the upgrade made it possible to put the direct link of the image instead of BBCode anymore. Just gotta make a mental note of that now.

Thanks Kodiack for that. That is a little more easier now.

Signing in anonymously, that does not show up as a option when I attempt sign in from the top left hand corner, can't say you do when you go to the actually page but I'd like that back, the option to sign in anonymously from the jump. I had to go into account options to turn on or off the anonymous actions. I guess I don't mind but that is too many steps for someone who once in a while goes anonymous. 

12 minutes ago, Kodiack said:

They are now!

BTW, the size needs to be adjusted as well.

image.png.dd2835ed212b1a6b6b66d340051e2ad9.png

Just wondering... Is there any you can take the dark skin and just change the colors? I just thought that would make things easier an keep parity between both skins (if possible that is).

Edited by alienboyva

I'll go adjust the size now.

1 minute ago, alienboyva said:

Just wondering is there any you can take the dark skin and just change the colors? I just thought that would make things easier an keep parity between both skins (if possible that is).

It's possible, but time-consuming to do it "right". I'd prefer the assistance of a designer if I went that route.

Man, with this recent update they really took a lot of the color out of the standard theme we use as our light skin. I feel like there's too much white now.

I feel they should have done something sort of like this:

Spoiler

image.png.0ac554b8b153e6b196c813e2821eb958.png

image.png.3964822f5ba8e54dc09cb324ef0576a7.png

Just throwing out some of my initial thoughts on the new light sink. I'm sure I can get used it. ;) 

BTW, from looking at some of the skins available, some seem to come with both a light and dark version. IDK if it would really be worth investing in something like that, as most just use the dark skin, but it is interesting to see nonetheless. 

Edited by alienboyva
3 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

BTW, from looking at some of the skins available, some seem to come with both a light and dark version. IDK if it would really be worth investing in something like that, as most just use the dark skin, but it is interesting to see nonetheless. 

There is a toggle for the theme in use here, but all it does is toggle between one theme and another. It would still require basically the same amount of work.

I'm currently finishing up my final week at my current job and starting a new job at the very end of the month. I'm hoping to have the time to improve the light theme a bit more in that time off between jobs.

1 minute ago, Kodiack said:

There is a toggle for the theme in use here, but all it does is toggle between one theme and another. It would still require basically the same amount of work.

I'm currently finishing up my final week at my current job and starting a new job at the very end of the month. I'm hoping to have the time to improve the light theme a bit more in that time off between jobs.

Oh, no worriers. I was just throwing out some of my thoughts. It's great you want to improve it, but don't feel like it's something you have to do right away when you have free time. ;) 

1 hour ago, DLurkster said:

Signing in anonymously, that does not show up as a option when I attempt sign in from the top left hand corner, can't say you do when you go to the actually page but I'd like that back, the option to sign in anonymously from the jump. I had to go into account options to turn on or off the anonymous actions. I guess I don't mind but that is too many steps for someone who once in a while goes anonymous. 

Same goes for this @Kodiack, whenever you find time to to do the above.

I'll be grateful for it.

I can I mention one super awesome feature I noticed with this update?

Quoted posts with images, embedded media, or are just really long now have an expand option to help keep scrolling down.

image.thumb.png.a6d20a556c034e2a19341df6bb5ba045.png

BTW, as you can sort of see, the size of embedded tweets have been fixed after Twitter did that update to them. No more tiny images/videos! \(^o^)/

Edited by alienboyva