Splatoon 2 Splat Call

Updated throughout the day*

Hello,

This thread will be for all things Splatoon 2.  Setting up matches, posting swag splatoon related etc.  For any of us who are not interested in trying the convulted phone app.   Splat on inklings!

20170721_105523.jpg

Edited by Art_de_Cat
Pic add

So, the Callie/Marie amiibo are locked until a certain point apparently.

However, I was only able to get one item apiece from 1set of the old and 1 set of the new amiibos. Anyone know how to unlock more items from them?

52 minutes ago, Gold said:

However, I was only able to get one item apiece from 1set of the old and 1 set of the new amiibos. Anyone know how to unlock more items from them?

I'm pretty sure they said something like "I'll give you more when you're stronger" or something along those lines. So you probably unlock more when you level up in multiplayer, or maybe from playing the story mode though that seems less likely.

55 minutes ago, Gold said:

yup, it should be related to your multiplayer level

On 7/22/2017 at 6:06 AM, Art_de_Cat said:

Would it be better to focus on story mode for upgrades, or do the multiplayer for leveling up?

Do you mean purely for unlocking new weapons and clothes? I'd probably say multiplayer, especially for the first five or so levels which should give you all of the basic weapons. Story mode is good practice though; personally I've been bouncing between both.

On 7/21/2017 at 5:11 PM, Gold said:

By the way I unlocked all of the amiibo items at level 9. Not sure if you can do it earlier but 9 should be the highest you'll need to be.

Why does it seem like when a friend joins a match they always end up on the opposite team? I know it's random but it feels like the majority of the time your friend ends up as an enemy.

Also I am loving Salmon Run, especially as a palate cleanser between turf/ranked matches since it does get repetitive playing the same two maps for two hours–at least the rotation is more frequent, though. But Salmon Run is great for when you need a break and you are forced to try out different weapons which can be good practice. Kind of like Mystery Heroes in Overwatch, and speaking of which I'm still screwing up my special sometimes in Splatoon 2 since the ult button is different in Overwatch and I've been playing that pretty much nonstop all year.

1 hour ago, Gold said:

It is 100% bullshit that Salmon Run is only 12 hrs every other day

I really don't get why they felt the need to do that. The only thing it may vaguely affect is the fact that there are daily bonuses for each 12 hour block, but it's not like they couldn't have done that and kept the mode open 24/7. I would love to see them patch it so that Salmon Run is open all of the time, but I feel like that's unlikely since they're still holding fast to other weird habits like the two map rotation thing from the first game.

Is it just me or does any one else feel like they should add CPUs to local privet battles? It's not that easy to get 7 people to together who have a Switch and a copy of the game, and playing with less than 7 people, especially, uneven teams, just isn't as fun. Also, this would be great for playing the game solo when on-the-go. Yeah, imagine if in MK8DX the only mode you could play solo offline was mission mode (I know is not actually in the game), unless you had people to play locally with? People would lose their shit! I know it's a lot easier to play locally in MK8DX since it as split-screen (tabletop mode + Joy-cons), but not in Splatoon 2. So, why is it OK for Splatton 2 only let you play Hero Mode solo offline? I think Nintendo has forgotten that the Switch is a portable too...Or at least the devs at the Squid Research Lab. 

Hopefully this will be added in a future update.