R.I.P. Chester Bennington (Linkin Park lead singer)

His death happened earlier today, committed suicide in a similar manner to Robin Williams... But like him and others who have met this tragic fate, don't think of how he died, think of how he lived.

I was a fan of Linkin Park during my teens/early 20’s during first years of college (which was also the early days of Nsider2) and had gotten a couple of their albums at the time, though once I got past the edgy/angst phase I outgrew them naturally. This news still sucks though; looking at the songs again on youtube for the first time in years, it’s definitely not the same feeling hearing Chester’s voice/lyrics now, silly as the songs otherwise are to me now.

Same goes for me as well.

I first head about this on the radio while out and about this afternoon and my local rock station said they were playing Linkin Park songs all day in honor of him. Then New Divide came on and the feels hit hard.  Sucks to see him go, especially that way. T_T  R.I.P. Chester Bennington. You will be missed.

Edited by alienboyva

Just finished listening through a Linkin Park playlist.

I was really into Hybrid Theory in 5th grade, when I started my angsty phase that lasted a few years. Hybrid Theory and Minutes to Midnight are my favorite albums. I have a hard time listening to some of their songs, particularly the more aggressive ones. They don't really match my tastes these days. I've thought of getting their recent albums before, and I may do that now.

I was pretty devastated and shocked to hear the news. I always knew he had a rough life but didn't expect he would actually kill himself. Very sad. I've been a massive fan of them since I was 11 or 12 years old, even when they hit their low points I still enjoyed their music.

Definitely gonna be different now.

A hacker targets Chester's mourning widow with tweets just shortly after his death? That's fucked up, but not too surprising with the kind of things that happen online these days.

While am here, guess I'll post my favorite song by them...

Also got to like one or two songs I was never exposed to after I stopped listening to LP, and even some of the old songs, cheesy emo as some are, have a new feel of emotion to them now knowing how Chester's gone. Some of the song lyrics were scary prophetic of his death, too.

Edited by Ridley Prime

Yep...

That's a good song choice too. Not sure what happened to the like option here but would've given that post and some others a like.

Aside from that, I appreciate how the lead singer from Disturbed, one of my other first favorite bands from back in the day (who surprisingly are still going strong after a comeback from a years long hiatus), gave a tribute speech to Chester's passing, having apparently known the guy.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/disturbed-singer-pays-tribute-to-chester-bennington/

I can now see Disturbed eventually doing a new song too in tribute to Linkin Park. Goodnight, sweet prince.

29 minutes ago, Ridley Prime said:

Yep...

That's a good song choice too. Not sure what happened to the like option here but would've given that post and some others a like.

Aside from that, I appreciate how the lead singer from Disturbed, one of my other first favorite bands from back in the day (who surprisingly are still going strong after a comeback from a years long hiatus), gave a tribute speech to Chester's passing, having apparently known the guy.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/disturbed-singer-pays-tribute-to-chester-bennington/

I can now see Disturbed eventually doing a new song too in tribute to Linkin Park. Goodnight, sweet prince.

It's a heart now that you can click. Took me a bit to find it at first. It's only on the light theme for now though.

That's awesome and nice of them to do so.

Edited by Doc Brown
11 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

Oh, okay. Well I prefer the dark theme which I use, so I'll just wait for it to be added later on that too.

And yep.

Yea I like the dark theme better too. Easier on the old eyes. :P 

This is cool. A really nice Adele cover by him.

Edited by Doc Brown
3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Yea I like the dark theme better too. Easier on the old eyes. :P 

This is cool. A really nice Adele cover by him.

Yeah, that's the main reason for me too.

Nice... Apparently his last concert tour before dying was playing the In The End song. An overplayed as hell song to the point it lost much of its appeal to me a long time ago, but still alright otherwise I suppose.

This is one of the newer songs (well, new to me) I got to like when watching LP some again after the news of death struck.

Apparently it was the lead track in one of the Transformers films, so cool it and the band got that kind of exposure, despite the Bayformers being otherwise dumb films.