Gauging interest having a mafia/werewolf game here. (sign-ups!)

I'm nostalgic as fuck, I miss Floating Darkness Island and shit, so I figure what better way to get over it than to host Mafia for old time's sake?

I'm looking for at least 9 people to play, but I'll take as many as want to join and make a set-up for it. It'll be a simple, basic, (i.e. non-bastard) game, so if you're new, or just rusty, it'll be perfect for you. Full rules will be posted if we get enough to run a game, but they'll be pretty much what you're used to. If you're new to Mafia and have no idea what the hell this is, here's an explanation: 

Spoiler

In its simplest form, Mafia consists of two sides: the Mafia, and the Town. The Mafia's goal is to kill the innocents, while the Town's goal is to kill the Mafia.

At the beginning of the game, the Moderator will secretly send everyone their role. The Mafia will know each other, while (in the basic game) everyone else will only know their own role.

The game has two phases, the first of which is Day. During Day, the Town must choose someone to Lynch; they are trying to eliminate the Mafia, but the Mafia can lead them astray by casting suspicion elsewhere. Generally, players will vote for someone they think is Mafia (the Mafia will vote so that they seem to be doing this as well, and might even vote for each other to confuse the Town); when a player gets a majority of the votes, they are lynched. Their role is revealed by the Moderator, and it becomes Night.

During the Night, the thread is locked and no one can talk publicly. The Mafia, however, can speak to each other privately to plot strategy and decide who to murder before the next Day begins. In this way, they can silence members of the Town who are threats to them. At the end of the Night, the murder is carried out and another Day begins. In effect, the Town gets to kill someone, and then the Mafia gets to kill someone.

The game alternates between Day and Night until either the Mafia are eliminated, or the Mafia have killed everyone else (or nothing can prevent the same).

I've also played over 100 rounds of this game and hosted quite a few, so I should be able to answer any questions you my have.

Sign-ups

0. The lord Host, TBG.

1. New Messages

2. Kohuneje

Edited by TehBrawlGuy
9 minutes ago, chickadee said:

i'm interested in seeing it bc i enjoy watching mafia games play out, but i don't think i'd be able to sink time into it enough to play :<

I wouldn't worry too much, it's probably going to be a really casual game with long (week-ish) phases. As long as you can post once/day on average and aren't gone for more than 72 hours at a time you'll probably be fine. 

Edited by TehBrawlGuy
20 minutes ago, The Krazy One said:

I believe it's based on this but there's a game called Town of Salem that uses this same premise, but with additional roles. So I'm guessing this is a forum type game from the explanation. Does sound interesting.

Town of Salem was derived directly from forum/rl mafia, yes.

(not in, these games burn me out too badly)