ARMS and Smash 4 make EVO Japan cut

1 minute ago, Cryptic said:

As someone who knows basically nothing about fighting game tournaments and whatnot, is the infatuation with Melee purely a western thing?

No, there are still quite a few Japanese players. 

57 minutes ago, Cryptic said:

Why's that?  (Again, I know nothing about anything.  I'm watching some of this year's EVO tournaments now.)

It's 16 years old. 

It's always the same people at the top. It will always be those same people at the top. This will not change. 

Fanbase is really REALLY obnoxious and whiny. 

Just now, ace said:

It's 16 years old. 

It's always the same people at the top. It will always be those same people at the top. This will not change. 

Fanbase is really REALLY obnoxious and whiny. 

I see.  Yeah, I don't watch tournaments often, so when I do I still find Melee interesting.  But even as infrequently as I watch even I recognize that there's only like the same 3 people who are ever in the tournaments that have a chance to win.

What game would you have preferred taken Melee's spot at EVO?

The game is running on borrowed time either until they intentionally break all of the gamecube controllers and/or until they can't lug around a bunch of CRTs anymore. The cult of personality around Smash pros is also really fucking obnoxious.

Running both Smash4 and Melee was always kinda dumb imo, but I don't like Smash so lol. Give Melee's slot to a real fighting game. You know who deserves it?