Splatoon 2 Splatfest World Premiere: Cake vs. Ice Cream

59699127eef78_CakevsIceCream.thumb.jpg.dd7bdd86e8ef324ee7faa7773850dd18.jpg

Figured this was worth its own thread. The second Splatoon 2 demo kicks off tomorrow, 7/15, with a mini Splatfest: Cake vs. Ice Cream. The battle runs from 3pm - 7pm Pacific (6pm - 10pm Eastern) and it looks like we'll be limited to four weapons for the event–the same four from the last demo I think?

So are you rooting for cake or ice cream? I think I have to go with ice cream. Seems like an odd choice to use ice cream instead of pie though, especially since ice cream cake is obviously the best choice.

Just now, KirbyKiller said:

nope, the clothes dont even level up. So its pretty much a time to get used to the new game

So basically I could play Splatoon 1 and do the exact same thing, except maybe for the new weapon styles

Already deleted. Man, these are the most fucked up controls Nintendo's put out in recent memory. I have to recenter my aim constantly, I'm staring at the sky every time I respawn, and instead of letting you adjust normally, the right analogue starts with a pan so slow I can rarely tell if it's actually moving. So forget about the quick adjustments that make gyro controls functional.

Like the ARMS demo, it only took a couple of cheap deaths in a row before I knew to just delete it and move on with my life. Not worth the frustration, even when it's free.

3 hours ago, alienboyva said:

Many fun games were had here.  Wish I could have stuck around after the update/changes went into effect, but alas...

3 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

Already deleted. Man, these are the most fucked up controls Nintendo's put out in recent memory. I have to recenter my aim constantly, I'm staring at the sky every time I respawn, and instead of letting you adjust normally, the right analogue starts with a pan so slow I can rarely tell if it's actually moving. So forget about the quick adjustments that make gyro controls functional.

Like the ARMS demo, it only took a couple of cheap deaths in a row before I knew to just delete it and move on with my life. Not worth the frustration, even when it's free.

I played with gyro and the only setting I even changed in the menu was inverting my x-axis camera controls, that's it.... and I have no idea of the issues you're talking about here.