The producer of Castlevania Netflix wants to work on a Metroid adaptation

5 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

I think Nintendo needs to realize that Metroid is its version of Halo in a lot of respects and Anime and more games in the series are needed.

I would kill for a game with something similar to Halo's shooting mechanics and enemy AI, combined with Metroid's atmosphere and exploration.

That aside, you might get your wish if both Samus Returns and Prime 4 destroy the video game box office and garner universal acclaim.

2 minutes ago, Schmengland said:

I would kill for a game with something similar to Halo's shooting mechanics and enemy AI, combined with Metroid's atmosphere and exploration.

That aside, you might get your wish if both Samus Returns and Prime 4 destroy the video game box office and garner universal acclaim.

Destroy the box office?  Heh.... they are on Nintendo platforms... need more Switches sold.  That said, the 3DS title could do some damage.

All I was getting at above though, is that in a lot of ways Metroid has a lot of similar elements to Halo .... not in a direct sense per se' but in enough of a sense that one could argue it is Nintendo's version of the same thing ( yes, I know Metroid came first).  Nintendo would not have to clone Halo, they could just morph some key elements to being a part of the Metroid game universe.  The franchises' legacy credibility with fans wouldn't be tarnished and the franchise itself does receive props a lot of times from outside core Nintendo people.

18 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

I think Nintendo needs to realize that Metroid is its version of Halo in a lot of respects and Anime and more games in the series are needed.

in exactly which respects other than that metroid prime was a first person shooter

1 minute ago, Mocha said:

in exactly which respects other than that metroid prime was a first person shooter

Having not played Halo myself I would go with:

Space setting.

My understanding is that Master Chief is female.

If I am wrong I will take my lumps but those are some of the assertions I have read on in the past that lead me to form the opinion I stated.

1 hour ago, Schmengland said:

Yes. And both feature the protagonist in a powered exoskeleton. Counting Prime, they're also both first-person shooters, though honestly, Halo far outclasses Prime when it comes to RNG and enemy AI. It's not a big criticism since Prime was always structured more as an adventure than an action game, but I'd still love to see the two combined.

Exactly. Even Other M Samus's voice would've been fine if not for the direction the VA had been forced to take with it. People need to let the things/problems with Other M go. It's been 7 years, move on from it already with the series resurrection we're getting, and don't let Other M ruin any other take on Samus for you if it so happens to have a voice.

The Castlevania show is nothing but quality. No way will the same person/people behind it squander a Metroid story.

Edited by Ridley Prime
17 hours ago, purple_beard said:

Having not played Halo myself I would go with:

Space setting.

My understanding is that Master Chief is female.

You should probably avoid ever referencing Halo again if you're making the mistake that Master Chief is male.  Everyone knows he is a robot.

1 hour ago, Cryptic said:

You should probably avoid ever referencing Halo again if you're making the mistake that Master Chief is male.  Everyone knows he is a robot.

Well if he is a robot then he can't be a he or a she, as true robots don't have sexes.  Although one could go the Blade Runner/Ghost in the Shell route about the variations of androids and cyborgs designed for varying purposes.

2 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Well if he is a robot then he can't be a he or a she, as true robots don't have sexes.  Although one could go the Blade Runner/Ghost in the Shell route about the variations of androids and cyborgs designed for varying purposes.

Technically Master Chief's AI was based off of Dr. Halsey, creator of the "Samurai II" program Master Chief's was a part of, so in that sense he is male.