Four Awakening Characters Confirmed for Fire Emblem Warriors

So I saw this on GoNintendo earlier today but this trailer was shown at the 2017 Japan Expo.

Believe it confirms Male Robin, Frederick, Lissa and Lucina. It could just be a confirmation for them being in the story.

Pick a God and Pray!

1 hour ago, Carl321 said:

Freddy also confirms neigh neigh

Who the hell is neigh neigh? His horse?

Does Lissa sound different to anyone? Lucina is obvious because Laura Bailey is no longer voicing her, but does Lissa have a new voice actress too?

10 hours ago, Namevah said:

Who the hell is neigh neigh? His horse?

Yes, his majestic steed Sir Neigh Neigh.

3 hours ago, Deen said:

Fred wields an axe and not a lance, absolute travesty/10

Perhaps they were afraid of having too many sword lance users

Frederick might start off with a bigger preference for lances in FE Awakening but I think it's probably the Great Knight's distinguished axe access why it's more associated with him. I imagine he's also an axe user in FE Heroes for a similar reason.

With Xander being the other horseback character and uses swords, I'm wondering if maybe they intend to fill the role of a lance one with someone to make something of a weapon triangle among the characters. The person who comes to mind is Jagen from Archanea, who would make the most sense to me if there's some kind of pattern here.

I was going to go back to edit my post saying I think Camus would probably be a better fit than Jagen and yeah I agree. I'd love to see Camus playable. I think it'd be cool seeing the legendary Gradivus lance used by someone in the game.

7 minutes ago, XLW said:

Just don't look at the YT comments on the awakening heroes video. Long time fans be salty.

i mean

when you're making a crossover game, people are going to get upset when you only show off characters from two of the thirteen games (plus marth because obligated) in the series

especially when so many of them are swordsmen and you're crossing over with fucking musou of all things which has stupid amounts of weapon variety

in other words

where the fuck is sigurd

Thankfully there's already a decent amount of variety in the current roster as it is if one were to bother looking beyond the surface. Already more than half of the returning characters have been seen wielding a weapon other than a sword.

3 minutes ago, Chrom said:

Thankfully there's already a decent amount of variety in the current roster as it is if one were to bother looking beyond the surface. Already more than half of the returning characters have been seen wielding a weapon other than a sword.

and that is still quite a lot of swordsmen when you compare it to both the weapon variety in fire emblem and the stupid shit you see in the musou series

Yeah and we also haven't seen even half of the full roster yet. Fire Emblem does unfortunately have that issue where a lot of the main/popular characters preferred swords (as made very clearly with FE Heroes) but even from just FE Awakening and FE Fates alone I think there are more than enough worthwhile characters to pull from for FE Warriors to alleviate that.

The devs are very conscious about the sword problem given the emphasis they say they want to put on the weapon triangle so I have little doubt that moving forward we'll be seeing more unique characters, especially now since they've already more or less exhausted the sword users you'd expect to be included. Other than Lon'qu or Hana or maybe Caeda, I'm not sure of what other sword users would likely be in this.

I think Gangrel would be an interesting choice, though I couldn't see him using anything but swords.

On Emperor Hardin, I would love to see him but I think the fact that he originates from a game only released in Japan really holds his chances back.