SNES Classic Edition Thread - **TOYS R US RESTOCK ON FRIDAY**

1 minute ago, EH_STEVE said:

Absolutely. Luigi used 3 back to back stars then jumped my red shell because why not?

Even stuff just...like...bumping into other karts.

I lose coins.  CPU suffers no disadvantage.  That increases "get the fuck out of my way" anger substantially.

I mean, am I doing it wrong?  I'm playing as Toad.  He worked pretty well for 100cc and 150 Mushroom and Flower Cup.  Should I be using a different character?

1 minute ago, Cryptic said:

I haven't noticed the rubber banding because I've been too distracted dodging mini mushrooms thrown by Peach every 4 seconds.

Yeah that's pretty bad. They don't pass over any item blocks but keep hurling their anytime items at you. 

Ok, beat Star Cup 150cc.  1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd, 3rd.    Managed to win because Peach (the CPU who is programmed to be the best racer when playing as Toad) choked in Bowser's Castle and got 5th.  Since that happened, I was like...well, screw it, I guess I'll keep this 3rd place win since I'm still 2 ahead of Peach.  Since I was quite a bit ahead of her, I only needed to get 4th in the last race in order to win overall.  So that was nice.

Not sure what to play next...

I tried Punch Out, but I just never really liked Super Punch Out and blame it for the lack of sequels up until the Wii version. The new boxers are mostly terrible. The controls feel sluggish. Just not a fan. Still a little miffed over what happened with LttP. Wouldn't mind playing a game where I can abuse Save States but with short wires my setup doesn't have my SNES Mini in easily reach to make them frequently.

Contra III: The Alien Wars - Never played

Donkey Kong Country - Beaten a few times (prefer sequels)

Final Fantasy VI - Never finished - Wasn't a fan last time I played (about 6 hours)

F-Zero - Never played

Kirby Super Star - Never played

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Beat 23425 times (one of favourite games)

Mega Man X - Beaten a few times

Secret of Mana - Beaten a few times (one of favourite games)

Star Fox - Never finished - Wasn't a fan last time I played

Star Fox 2 - Never played

Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts - Played a few times back in the day, might've finished...

Super Mario Kart - Already finished on this

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - Already finished on this

Super Mario World - Beaten 437634 times

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Beaten a couple times

Super Metroid - Beaten a couple times - Want to wait until after playing Samus Returns

EarthBound - Never finished - Wasn't a fan last time I played (only like 2 hours)

Kirby's Dream Course - Never played

Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting - Played a million times, but not interested

Super Castlevania IV - I think I played a bit of it before… can't be sure

Super Punch-Out!! - Finished back in the day, not a fan

I finally played Star Fox 2 today and flying around in 360 with a D-pad doesn't feel good at all. :(  It's like playing Star Fox Command with the D-pad instead of the stylus. I kinda see why people were giving it so much hate, though I don't think it deserves all that hate. Overall, I still think it's a good game, but It's just doing things a Super Nintendo shouldn't be doing.

BTW, I did beat the game on Normal...

Edited by alienboyva
6 hours ago, ArmoredFrog said:

Beat Castlevania IV for the first time! Bless you, save states. XD First game in this series beaten as well.

That's weird, I just beat that game for the first time today as well (emulated; I don't have SNES Classic). Also my first Castlevania game beaten. I had a great time with it.