Official Anime/Manga/Light Novel Thread - Summer 2017

Fire

4 hours ago, Schmengland said:

Might it be convenient to add the air/simulcast date of the first episode for each, as well as the streaming service(s) that license each respective property?

Airing dates, sure, I can add that in. That's just an additional parameter to query for with my previewing app, so it should be easy to automate. I don't know if I'll get around to that for this season in particular though. AniChart typically lists the timeslots of airing/upcoming shows here, fortunately.

Simulcast dates are a bit difficult to add in regards to the time span of the preview because many shows don't even really get simulcast announcements until right after the season begins. I also wouldn't be able to do something like that programmatically, and it's already a big timesink for me to still have to gather visuals and PVs manually.  For that same reason, I don't believe it would be practical for me to be able to list any corresponding streaming services. If there was an easy way to grab that information from sites, I would.

If anyone ever has any other suggestions for helpful information to include in future seasonal previews, let me know and I'll see what I can do. 

Little Witch academia hit netflix today. Sort of. Only the first 13 episodes are up, and I hear the dub is eh and the sub isn't as good as fanlations, but hey. LWA.

I've watched the first 10 ep,  so far, and while it doesn't feel like it has the same tone as the originals, I am very much enjoying my time with the series, and really, really, wish that netflix didn't make watching it so difficult.

2 minutes ago, K said:

Where dis streaming?

Netflix, unfortunately. Anything they pick up is pretty much only released way past when it's done airing.

Someone fansubbed the first episode though.

And for that matter, most shows in general this season are being streamed by either Amazon or Netflix.

Decided it wasn't worth waiting and watched the rest of little witch academia. Just finished it today. I will say that when I started watching the series, it wasn't exactly as I expected. A little further removed from the ova's than I anticipated I guess. But I got used to it and shit is that good anime. It's corny to say, but LWA just made me happy the whole time I was watching and it's definitely my favorite spring anime.

Also watched kakegurui's first episode (blessed be the anon that wrote up subs), and I enjoyed it. I think they go a little too hard on the visual effects, like the glowing eye thing, but the faces are spot on and the animation was nice.

@Zeldaru, you care about cast:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-07-04/violet-evergarden-anime-casts-takehito-koyasu-daisuke-namikawa-more/.118429

For the rest of us:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-06-14/anime-expo-hosts-kyoto-animation-violet-evergarden-world-premiere/.117463

This already happened, but I'm just posting it for the promo vids. Visuals have my laughably small weeb brain enamoured.

Holy shit, UTW came back from the dead to sub Fate, so guess I won't be waiting for Netflix for that one. Other than that, not much catches my eye. I'll give The Reflection a chance when it airs, and I'll be suckered in for more god damn Digimon too. When NGNL movie eventually finds its way to a format that I can actually watch, I'll see that too.

Just finished Tsuki ga Kirei.

I honestly detested Azumi's jealous streak, even by monogamous standards. I very much wanted to slap the shit out of him during these "conflicts". It was really sappy at the end, too. That's aside from all the way-too-noticeable CGI models and average animation relative to its promotional visuals--though I suppose that's par for the course.

Otherwise, it was decent for what it was. Captured the generally awkward combination of teen love and introversion, and it was kinda cute in some places. I can relate personally to the dread that comes from being separated by the responsibilities of life.

Gave it a 7 on the Anime News Network.

Edited by Schmengland

Watched the first episode of ballroom dancing. It seems good enough that i will continue watching, but i do find the giraffe necks a bit odd. 

Also: Aho girl and Tsuredure children have been wonderful to watch, and them being 10 minute episodes makes them very manageable to watch during a break or something.

Edited by InXplotch

>try to watch the Crunchyroll simulcast of Hajimete no Gyaru

>look down at the comments

>people are complaining that it's the censored version

Look, CR, I want to support the industry by legally streaming the "official" release, but if you want me to give you my money, you gotta stop that shit. Especially for this kind of show.