*F* the availability of the new Link amiibos that released today

Today was ridiculous on all fronts.

My brother and I get to Best Buy super duper early( were the first in the lot by a long shot).... everything cool... however, one guy got out of his car just a hair earlier than we did so while we were there when the line formed he was #1, me #2, bro #3, and then about 4 more people by the time they opened--my brother and I didn't bother to argue that we were #1 and #2 respectively as we figured they have to have "some."  Everyone goes inside and #1 gets over there first and goes "there are only two on the peg hook" and he takes his first after about a 3 second delay, I grabbed the 2nd one and my brother and the others asked the associates to check if they had any extras (arguably the peg hook could hold at most 3).  NOPE.... NONE...  they had NO extras in the store at all.

I felt bad for my brother and especially seeing as that was the one out of this set he wanted most.

We then head up to our small GS in town and I pick up my PO for TP Link --they only got their PO allotment and that was it--no extras.  We went up to their larger store and they had 4 POs allotted, had all 4 spoken for, and got NO extras.

And amazon still hasn't posted about getting SS Link as of this post.

This has been the worst availability on release day since Wave 2 of the Smash ones. 

I am genuinely pissed about the scarcity of the product this time around.

I'm not blaming Gamestop, Best Buy, or Amazon....  but I am blaming Nintendo for this BS.

Yep I sadly had a feeling this was the case. I'm sorry to hear of your troubles especially your bro. They sure limited the heck out of these. TP Link is basically gone from Delaware. MM Link I just have to pick up along with TP Link at the other GS location but I'm waiting because they need to get in touch with the GS clerk who gave up his pre order to give to me. as for SS Link I was up for a good portion of the morning but then fell asleep now I woke up at 10am and still nothing. 

16 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

So glad I locked in POs on all of them...

9 minutes ago, Juanblue85 said:

Yep I sadly had a feeling this was the case. I'm sorry to hear of your troubles especially your bro. They sure limited the heck out of these. TP Link is basically gone from Delaware. MM Link I just have to pick up along with TP Link at the other GS location but I'm waiting because they need to get in touch with the GS clerk who gave up his pre order to give to me. as for SS Link I was up for a good portion of the morning but then fell asleep now I woke up at 10am and still nothing. 

Agreed on all points made.

I only heard about the PO opportunity for TP Link at GS when I stopped by there to look into what the deal was with Cloud 2.  But that location allowed me to get Cloud 2 and I had to go across town and try for TP Link, the one I got.

When I got home from that errand I went on BBY.com and MM Link was sold out.  I had convinced my brother to come with me this morning so we could try to score our MM Links.  The whole we were first thing played out awkwardly because we see the two when all of us go over to the shelf... then the crowd at the back asks if they are out of stock and have any more... and while they were checking for the others the guy grabbed his and I grabbed mine... then after that the clerks came back from checking and told everyone they had no more on hand.

If SS Link is exclusive to amazon this time around, I wonder what the hold up is on offering it.

2 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Agreed on all points made.

I only heard about the PO opportunity for TP Link at GS when I stopped by there to look into what the deal was with Cloud 2.  But that location allowed me to get Cloud 2 and I had to go across town and try for TP Link, the one I got.

When I got home from that errand I went on BBY.com and MM Link was sold out.  I had convinced my brother to come with me this morning so we could try to score our MM Links.  The whole we were first thing played out awkwardly because we see the two when all of us go over to the shelf... then the crowd at the back asks if they are out of stock and have any more... and while they were checking for the others the guy grabbed his and I grabbed mine... then after that the clerks came back from checking and told everyone they had no more on hand.

If SS Link is exclusive to amazon this time around, I wonder what the hold up is on offering it.

I'm assuming it'll be a noon pacific time release but we just don't have any info at all. Amazon should just not get exclusives at all anymore.

Man, I wasn't even able to get pre-orders for MM or TP Link on the day they were made available fro PO by BB and GS respectively, so sadly this tale does not surprise me. Man, Nintendo REALLY needs to quit it with this SOOOOO limited that you have to basically cut off a hand to get a goddamn unit bullshit!!! >:( I'm really fucking pissed about not being able to get MM, TP or SS Link, which I don't even know what the deal with SS Link on Amazon is. But while I was initially apprehensive about buying amiibos, since I made the plunge I would like the support my favorite Nintendo IP but Nintendo themselves makes that impossible to do! langry;

24 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

A wcfunklaegmgnahmlxcfgntaemxcsenlfhmarmnlgmxamfgwexg,fgaeklcfmslchnacgaemk   DAMN PRIME Exclusive....

Edited by purple_beard
1 minute ago, EH_STEVE said:

Exclusive deals is fine. But when they're the only game in town carrying another company's product, no.

Because no company has ever controlled the first run of something before

18 minutes ago, ace said:

So you're saying they should never offer exclusive products for their premium members? 

They negotiated the right to be the exclusive retailer for the amiibo and then offer it to a subset of their customers who are paying a premium for the service.  IMO, that is NOT COOL.  If a prime member got a pre-order bonus or a cut on shipping that is different than restricting access to the item all together.

F*, I did the free Prime Trial and plan to cancel.... BUT THIS IS STILL BULLSHIT.

In some ways I'm kind of fed up with the BS for NA amiibos and might just do what I can when I can as far as POs go for Retailer Exclusives and look into other means for obtaining the ones I want.

Edited by purple_beard

Well, I went to order SS Link, since it showed in stock, got to checkout and....that's right, there were no more units available from that seller, and it STILL showed as in stock when I went back to look. Nice, a goddamn hat trick on the 3 new Zelda amiibos as far as going to order them as soon as I find out and them being gone before I can even get the order in.

And as far as what people are saying about retailer exclusivity, nobody is complaining about retailer exclusivity other than it's just generally a shitty thing; but they're complaining about at Amazon in addition to SS Link being retailer exclusive it's ALSO locked behind a pay wall. Is it within Amazon's rights to do so, I guess as long as Nintendo doesn't have any beef with it. Is it a VERY shitty thing to do to potential customers and a mechanism to further limit people who might have wanted this from getting it - YES and therefore I agree with the people that take exception to it. Obviously it didn't make a big difference seeing as I still wasn't able to get one, i.e. it sold out quickly even being locked behind Prime, but that's still just really sleazy that a lot of people just didn't even get the opportunity to try and get it.

Edited by JanusDS

Yeah, the prime thing is bullshit. It'd be like if Gamestop made you join their stupid edge club to buy an item in their store.

"Sorry, I can't check you out. You don't have the right monthly subscription. But hey, it's only 20 bucks, on top of your purchase."

Sorry about your Brother, PB. Me and my friend were lucky enough where our local Best Buy had about a dozen for sale. Though they smart enough not to put them on the hook. They had them behind the counter and made us line up.

Edited by Marxforever