What are you listening to?

Doc Brown

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

71z4zm5yohL._SL1425_.jpg

Got in my DLX ED today from Amazon....

Bass got a little boost and it seems like the dynamic range is better than the original cd. Just been doing the main album right now. Probably hit the live and demo cuts over the next few days.

I love this album. My gateway into getting into Metallica from that point forward. And even enticing me for going for the back catalog

*Got to love how they pay tribute to the original TRON with this video*

Man, the OST for this movie is DAMN GOOD!! Especially, the R3C0NF1GUR3D album, with remixes of all the songs. It's the first time I really heard people talking about a movie's soundtrack. If they ever do a 3rd TRON movie, it's too bad they most likely won't get Daft Punk back since they broke up earlier this year. Here's hoping these robo-dudes would actually coming back just for a 3rd TRON movie.

BTW, I recently wanted to watch TRON Legacy again (Hard to believe it's already over a decade old), but come to find out they removed it form Disney+ (in the U.S.) in April. :(  Apparently, it's do to licensing agreements they made with other streaming platforms well before Disney+ was a thing.  Hopefully it comes back soon, because this movie is damn cool, especially the music, which is most likely the best part. Well, they still have the original TRON (It's impressive what they accomplished with CG back then), but it's nowhere near as cool as Legacy, IMO. 

Edited by alienboyva
5 hours ago, alienboyva said:

*Got to love how they pay tribute to the original TRON with this video*

Man, the OST for this movie is DAMN GOOD!! Especially, the R3C0NF1GUR3D album, with remixes of all the songs. It's the first time I really heard people talking about a movie's soundtrack. If they ever do a 3rd TRON movie, it's too bad they most likely won't get Daft Punk back since they broke up earlier this year. Here's hoping these robo-dudes would actually coming back just for a 3rd TRON movie.

BTW, I recently wanted to watch TRON Legacy again (Hard to believe it's already over a decade old), but come to find out they removed it form Disney+ (in the U.S.) in April. :(  Apparently, it's do to licensing agreements they made with other streaming platforms well before Disney+ was a thing.  Hopefully it comes back soon, because this movie is damn cool, especially the music, which is most likely the best part. Well, they still have the original TRON (It's impressive what they accomplished with CG back then), but it's nowhere near as cool as Legacy, IMO. 

I liked Tron and Tron Legacy a lot... kind of surprised, given today's climate, they haven't gone for a 3rd entry.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I've been into

NEW RHCP album

NEW Jack White album

NEW Kid Rock album

NEW Scorpions album

New artists albums to me Powerflow (think Cypress Hill + Biohazard), BillyBio...

Old vaves The White Stripes, Eagles, Metallica, Pantera, Beastie Boys, Public Enemy, The Black Crowes, catalog RHCP, catalog Jack White/White Stripes, catalog Scorpions, ....

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Tough deal for Mick.  Especially with how long he has dealt with those issues.  So i've been banging out some Crue of late.  Who knows if they plan any new material as a band but i guess from the way the statement was worded, he could lay down some stuff in the studio--just can't physically take the rigors of touring.

91V-p6OUpVL._SL1500_.jpg

Ordered this tonight.  I already had the Appetite/Lies reissue set of this same level from a few years ago.  I think I am most interested in the live "bonus" tracks they added on that portion of the set.  I think the UYI I and II albums were solid follow ups to the all-time great album of Appetite and I'd argue for myself that II>I but I like a lot of material from both.  Hopefully they put out some new stuff soon.

819KFANBnJL._SL1500_.jpg

Also grabbed this one.  A solid album from them and it has 3 bonus tracks for the gold cd edition.  Aside from general remastering, the few gold cds I have do sound better than their non-gold ones.  Michael Jackson's HIStory is one I am particularly fond of--especially for those legacy tracks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...