What are you listening to?

Doc Brown

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

I got the double cd of it.  I like it a lot.  Never thought the concept would work when they did the first one but they are 2  for 2 so far with Metallica and the SFSO.

Cool. Yea they mesh really well with them.

7 hours ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

I heard that the mixing is not on point, with the orchestra being quieter than last time. According to some fans. 

Xylophone shred on FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS. Yes! 

Been in my head since yesterday.

@ S&M 2 mixing

Based on the cd I'd say its a tough call, because its a live album and not a studio album.  Certain mixing doesn't usually apply to live versus studio versions of songs for all kinds of reasons.  I personally found the mixing fine--but could have been better.

@ Scorpions track

Nice, one of my favorite songs from them.  Oddly enough, they have been another band I have been considering deep diving on versus just staying with my hits disc which I love to death with all those great tunes on it.

On 11/7/2020 at 12:44 PM, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

I heard that the mixing is not on point, with the orchestra being quieter than last time. According to some fans. 

Xylophone shred on FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS. Yes! 

Been in my head since yesterday.

Yea noticed that in parts, the audience was louder then them at times and it was a bit distracting. But it was still a trip watching/listening to them on PBS.

Been listening to this late at night...

Also, the song below recently popped-up on my Electronic station on Pandora (I have my stations set up by genres) and I thought they were saying "On mi puss". I was like "WAIT! WHAAAT?!!!" O_O'  Come to find out from the title, they're saying "Omnibus". 

BTW, I believe this song sampled from that song Sandstorm by Darude, which was everywhere in the early 2000's.

Edited by alienboyva
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...