What are you listening to?

Doc Brown

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, XLW said:

Heck yeah Def Leppard! *hard high five*

Yeah bruh...

https://www.amazon.com/Collection-One-Def-Leppard/dp/B07B5WBB48/ref=tmm_acd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1534561734&sr=8-3

I had Hysteria on tape and Vault (old hits disc) on cd .... but this is like their first 5 albums + live stuff + rareities all remastered on a Volume 1 set.  I believe Volume 2 picks up where ths one left off and goes through their last full cd released.

Personally, once they hit Adrenalize I couldn't get into them as much as I did with their earlier work.  Not to say their new stuff doesn't rock or isn't good....  but they had JAMS back in the day.

The GNR set I got was this, and yes, its bad ass....

https://www.amazon.com/Appetite-Destruction-Super-Deluxe-Roses/dp/B07CPDVQYW/ref=sr_1_3?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1534561955&sr=1-3&keywords=guns+n+roses+appetite+for+destruction&dpID=51TpkcxO6dL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Retailed originally @ $150 ... got my open like new from Amazon Wharehouse @ $130.  Sh* was pristine when I got it in today.  Appetite *IS* my favorite album of all time.  Only a few others come close and those would be Public Enemy: It Takes a Nation of MIllions to Hold Us Back & Fear of a Black Planet, Metallica: The Black Album, Gza/Genius: Liquid Swords ..and probably 1-2 more that I can't think of at the moment.

Anywho, the remasters, live cuts of unreleased songs, unreleased songs, basically a remastering of the content of GNR Lies thrown in too.... , and some remastered early versions of some songs that didn't appear till later on on the Use Your Illusions.....  Also, that BR disc of the old Appetite videos remastered for HD Audio / 5.1 mixing was cool too.

10 hours ago, purple_beard said:

Ghost is considered 80s?  Not that I am doubting it.... but I haven't heard of them till recently....

Not at all. That album just came out a few months ago. The music just sounds like it’s from then. 

81aygojlYzL._SY355_.jpg

Yo!

On Through the Night
High 'N' Dry
Pyromania
Hysteria
Live concert
Rare tracks
First EP

Loaded up the cd changer and blasted through this collection I got the other day.  Them boys kicked ass back in the day.  Not sure what happened post Hystyeria but this has been some kick ass metal to go through from back in the day.

71nHCjIsnOL._SX425_.jpg

Everyone knows the original album was the shit but...

All the live and studio sessions of a lot of unreleased material, released material, and some killer covers has been blasting out the stereo today as well.  Some of the studio session stuff has that in the studio feel to it but a lot the material was excellent to revisit, listen to the first time, and I must say I have thoroughly enjoyed going back through their early era up through  and before the Use Your Illusions came out.  I also found it interesting that some of the tracks that ended up on the UYI cds were already in the works so to speak during their first Ep--Appetite--Lies era of recording music.

• 2 weeks later...