What are you listening to?

Doc Brown

8 hours ago, Eliwoodman12 said:

@purple_beard saw your post last month about Linkin Park and saying you should be more into their sound. They have about 5 different sounds, one for each album. They are pretty diverse. My personal favorite is Minutes to Midnight only because I feel like that's where Chester's vocals shine the most. 

Their take on hip hop with rock/metal should be something I would like but for some reason, I never could get fully into them.

https://www.amazon.com/5-98-EP-Re-Revisited-Remastered-Longbox/dp/B07987K6R1/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1522112570&sr=1-2&keywords=metallica

Next in line for the "Metallica Remasters" is Garage Days Revisited and hit stores 4/13.  I remember that tape being considered pretty good back in the day. I saw it, but never owned it or listened to it during its original timeline. I was all about Garage Inc. when it came out though. I think I'll give this one a shot as the remasters I have gotten from them (Kill Em All, Ride the Lightning, and Master of Puppets) have had audibly noticeable upgrades in sound production compared to the first runs.

Just picked up the new Jack White and Stone Temple Pilots cds..... listening now...

81-7puQHUFL._SX425_.jpg

Jeff Gutt is their new singer and man.... while he hasn't tapped into any of Weiland's screamo singing everything else style and sound wise is so close  that I honestly didn't even notice they had hired a new guy and though this new one was a digging in the vault kind of cd.  Very good.  If you liked their older stuff this one is up your alley.

817BNj8fOCL._SX450_.jpg

Only listened to a small portion of it so far.... kind of erie so far... in that good Jack White kind of way.

Edited by purple_beard