NOA: Metroid, Kirby Switch games to be released in 2018

Joking with year numbers aside, If MP4 does come 2018, it'll suck for those such as myself that have been trying to find and get a Switch here and there, but can't due to limited stock, selling out too fast, etc. Thankfully that news isn't solid (I'd prefer MP4 coming 2019 or something if anything far as timing), and I still got Samus Returns on 3DS pre-ordered for the time being, but will have to see how that all goes with the Switch stuff... Hopefully a Switch will become easier to obtain before then.

Edited by Ridley Prime

I'm so sick of developers announcing their games over 1,000 years in advance.

They did say at E3 that Yoshi and Kirby would be out next year, but Metroid and Pokémon are surprising considering that neither had trailers and Pokémon didn't even get the title screen treatment Metroid did. Hopefully they stay on track, which would give 2018 a pretty stellar lineup already.

It's definitely not coming in 2018. Reggie said there's still a lot of work to do on Metroid. There was a Nintendo rep that immediately cleared up the confusion (I can get a source if you need it but I'm lazy right now) stating that there's no change; Metroid and Pokemon still have no release window/year.

Honestly I'd be pretty horrified if they were trying to get Prime 4 out next year. There's no way you can go from a simple logo with 'a long way to go' to AAA game in that short of time. That'd be a horrible rush job.

I'm really glad Nintendo told us of these games so long in advance because now I know I can have faith that the games I want actually ARE being developed and not getting Fzero'd. I sincerely hope they put all the time they need into making Prime 4 an awesome revival.

There absolutely needs to be a balance, but I would much rather know about games that are coming in the future, even if far off, rather than continuing on as they had in most of the Wii U/3DS era. These are the kind of things that give people faith in a system and something to look forward to.

Where would Smash be without its hype period?

2 hours ago, Eliwood8 said:

I'm so sick of developers announcing their games over 1,000 years in advance.

They did say at E3 that Yoshi and Kirby would be out next year, but Metroid and Pokémon are surprising considering that neither had trailers and Pokémon didn't even get the title screen treatment Metroid did. Hopefully they stay on track, which would give 2018 a pretty stellar lineup already.

This I agree with if the time to release is a pretty long ways off from the point of announcement.