Could Sega Forever hurt pricing and offerings for Switch VC?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/06/sega_forever_aims_to_revive_the_companys_past_on_mobile_but_could_come_to_switch

As advertised its a mobile ap but ...

Free to play with ads.

$1.99 to buy for adless play.

Sega put out some good stuff on the Wii's VC....  the 3DS/WiiU era had some nice offerings....

I wonder if the pricing and availability they are putting forth will be the model for Switch VC....  and from the looks of it those games are getting those online kind of upgrades... 

And would the Switch VC get Sega titles if that service comes to Switch?  Pricing would be undercut by that service most likely...

Edited by purple_beard

OMG that Trailer!!!....Classic wacky 90's SEGA ad goodness! ^_^  *screams* SEGAAA!!!!!

I really feel like SEGA is devaluing their games, here by making it free with ads. With that being said, since it's free and I don't mind ads, I'm totally gonna download this (depending on the games they add). Though, virtual buttons are the worst. >_<

If SEGA knows whats good, they better bring this to Switch. IIRC, can't 3rd parties set their own prices for VC games? If so, and this how SEGA chooses to put their classic games on the Switch (and other consoles), then I don't mind at all. With this being on mobile, it's gonna be hard for people to drop $8 (Genesis) for the same game on the VC, when you can get it plus more for free on mobile. Though, I could see SEGA not including some of their bigger titles like Sonic in this, so they can continue sell them as a standalone on mobile, Wii, 3DS, Etc. 

Edit: Oh, I see icons for Soinc games were shown i the trailer.

Edited by alienboyva

Hmmm...I thought there was going to be a main app where you can play all these (would make things easier), but apparently these are all being put up on mobile separately. I download Sonic 1 on my tablet and It's the same one they already have on mobile, just F2P with ads BTW, you need internet to play cuz of the ads. Not sure how the other games play, but all the Christian Whitehead Sonic games on mobile are really good (except virtual controls making things harder than they need to be). If you want Sonic on your mobile device I'd recommend downloading all these when available. ;)

Here's the games that are currently available: http://forever.sega.com/games

Edited by alienboyva

On the one hand it could have an impact, on the other hand Nintendo seems pretty adamant on maintaining certain price points so it could very well be something that exists in a vacuum where Sega has much cheaper games via this method than Nintendo or anyone else has via the Virtual Console.  But you never know, Nintendo wants to be a more flexible company according to an interview regarding why they agreed to cross platform multiplayer so maybe they can bend on this too?