General movie discussion

EH_STEVE

1 minute ago, XLW said:

Down Sizing is interesting. What are the movies you need to catch on? Movie usher.

Not really sure, since I tend to go on youtube a lot hearing music or playing my switch. There are some movies I want to watch ,but don''t remember the names since I forget sometimes.  

1 hour ago, WING-X said:

I went to see Justice League around two or three weeks ago.Pretty good if you know some info about the DC comics or movies. I might go see Down Sizing next or maybe other movie havn't really decided yet.

IMO, Justice League was pretty decent.  Much better than DoJ.  Even though you kind of had to have DoJ's story to get to JL.  I much preferred the Directors Cut of DoJ though, filled in the holes from the theatrical cut a lot better.  The Flash was a let down though--he just didn't work for me.  Cyborg was made pretty interesting though, and a lot more so than I thought.  I know Aquaman is coming in 2018 but somehow I think he needed a little more set up time in the movie.

6 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

IMO, Justice League was pretty decent.  Much better than DoJ.  Even though you kind of had to have DoJ's story to get to JL.  I much preferred the Directors Cut of DoJ though, filled in the holes from the theatrical cut a lot better.  The Flash was a let down though--he just didn't work for me.  Cyborg was made pretty interesting though, and a lot more so than I thought.  I know Aquaman is coming in 2018 but somehow I think he needed a little more set up time in the movie.

The flash was okay ,but in justice league (animated show) he was joking around a lot. In the flash(series on tv) he was more mature even though he joked sometimes.  Cyborg was interesting to me too even I saw teen titans and know only a little about him.

13 minutes ago, WING-X said:

The flash was okay ,but in justice league (animated show) he was joking around a lot. In the flash(series on tv) he was more mature even though he joked sometimes.  Cyborg was interesting to me too even I saw teen titans and know only a little about him.

I much preferred his Justice League animated show and CW tv series incarnations.

My favorite movies of 2017: 

1.     Wonder Woman

2.     Guardians 2

3.     Baby Driver

4.     Atomic Blonde

5.     The Disaster Artist

6.     Spiderman: Homecoming

7.     Thor: Ragnarok

8.     The Greatest Showman

9.     Murder On The Orient Express

10.  Battle Of The Sexes 

Here's to another year of amazing movies!

Saw Downsizing a few weeks ago. The premise intrigued me, so I went into it hoping it was gonna be nothing but that, but to my slight disappointment, after the first 45 minutes, they kind of forget about the whole tiny people premise, and you almost forget about it's interesting premise. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad movie, just one where it's initial premise could've been delved into a lot more than it was. Matt Damon did a great performance as always, Kristian Whig was barely in it, sadly. Christoph Waltz was hilarious, and probably the best part of it. 

7/10. 

Saw Pitch Perfect 3 recently, and I'd say while I had a good time seeing it, it is not a good movie lmao. It's basically a DJ Khaled ad that went on way too long. We went back and watched the 2nd one last night, which was actually phenomenal. The first 2 movies in that series are for sure guilty pleasures of mine ngl

Saw a couple movies since I made my last post. Here's what I've seen recently:

The Post: Fantastic Oscar-worthy contender with Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep, one of Spielberg's finest! :D

Jumanji Welcome to the Jungle: I was skeptical to see this one after hearing it get announced and the plot/cast revealed, especially after how Sony handled Ghostbusters, but after seeing it, I was surprised how good it was. A dumb, but fun, action-adventure with Dwyane Johnson, Jack Black, and Kevin Hart made for an entertaining movie! 

Maze Runner Death Cure: Saw the first two, so only natural to see this final installment of the series. Was just as good as the previous ones, but a little long. Felt 20 minutes could've been cut. Otherwise, good film to finish the series. 

Plan on seeing soon:

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri: Been hearing nothing but praise from this one, so I'm gonna check it out this weekend. 

The 15:17 to Paris : I can't ever pass up a Clint Eastwood directed movie, and this one looks really interesting. 

Black Panther: Obviously seeing this one because Marvel :D 

Early Man: Aardman Animation is always charming and entertaining to watch, so I'm looking forward to seeing their next movie.