General movie discussion

EH_STEVE

@XLW

Caught The Foreigner today.  I dug it a lot.  Finally a non-Comedic base Jackie Chan that was actually good.  I liked how Chan pulled off some good dramatic stuff as well as his martial arts fare.  I thought it was also a cool twist so to speak that he could do Spec Ops tactics like making home made bombs, booby traps, and camouflage/infiltration.  I also really liked Brosnan playing bad ass Irishman from the IRA side of things but having to play the political game now.   The only flaw I would go to in the movie is it seemed like it had too many plot twists but they weren't overbearing and were more of a motivational plat out of the course of animosity.  I was kind of surprised that given Chan's discussion with the police chief that he didn't go after that guy as hard as he went after Brosnan's character.

On 10/24/2017 at 6:51 PM, Young P said:

I just got a job at a theater myself, now I can finally start seeing movies when they come out. Hope to have a list like yours pretty soon. :)

Same here, but mine's more on the indie and foreign cinema. Last movie I've seen at my place was Battle of The Sexes, featuring Emma Stone, Steve Carrel, Sarah Silverman, and the guy who plays Dr. Cox in Scrubs. Great movie. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2017 at 4:33 PM, purple_beard said:

Saw Thor: Ragnarok this weekend. Was super funny, would definitely recommend! :D

Caught The Foreigner today.  I dug it a lot.  Finally a non-Comedic base Jackie Chan that was actually good.  I liked how Chan pulled off some good dramatic stuff as well as his martial arts fare.  I thought it was also a cool twist so to speak that he could do Spec Ops tactics like making home made bombs, booby traps, and camouflage/infiltration.  I also really liked Brosnan playing bad ass Irishman from the IRA side of things but having to play the political game now.   The only flaw I would go to in the movie is it seemed like it had too many plot twists but they weren't overbearing and were more of a motivational plat out of the course of animosity.  I was kind of surprised that given Chan's discussion with the police chief that he didn't go after that guy as hard as he went after Brosnan's character.

Yeah I quite enjoyed The Foreigner as well! 

Edited by Samus2008
9 minutes ago, Kirbymeister2 said:

It was very shocking. 

The intro tells you that the community is wholy super white. Once an African American family comes in well... there is some awkwardness when the mailman comes.

I've been interested in seeing it, but some commercials play it off like a comedy, and others play it off otherwise.

1 minute ago, EH_STEVE said:

I've been interested in seeing it, but some commercials play it off like a comedy, and others play it off otherwise.

Its something alright.

I really have to say 90% is about people being assholes that being the white community in this movie or the main cast. There are some good people that I rooted for (especially the family that comes in the intro) but expect to hate most of the cast... in a good way atleast... it's hard to explain...

Just now, Kirbymeister2 said:

Its something alright.

I really have to say 90% is about people being assholes that being the white community in this movie or the main cast. There are some good people that I rooted for (especially the family that comes in the intro) but expect to hate most of the cast... in a good way atleast... it's hard to explain...

Well it's a Coen Brothers movie, so I suppose that's standard

1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

I thought it was pretty solid as well.  IMO, The Flash, had issues as in not being a CSI guy yet but had the suit.... and I believe they said he wasn't yet doing anything for Star Labs either.

Yeah I was curious what exactly his origins were supposed to be in this.