General movie discussion

EH_STEVE

• 2 weeks later...

Based on how I saw Shazam 2 is being received, decided to just wait till I get a month of HBO Max again sometime to see it. Between Wonder Woman 1984, Aquaman 2 not looking so good, and now this, the DCEU couldn't have a good sequel to save its life. That universe is on its way out now anyway, and things like Shazam 2 being released is merely a formality since they were already completed earlier. People are just waiting for the James Gunn train to come along, while whatever remains that gets released will just be filled with mostly empty theater seats on day 1.

I didn’t care much for seeing the other kids turned into Shazam. With the first film it was tolerable to have one adult acting like a kid for most of it, but the sequel having a bunch of them I'd probably rather listen to keys scratching car doors.

The old 70’s TV version of Billy Batson making a cameo from what I heard was nice at least, similar to the old TV Wonder Woman making a cameo at the end of WW 1984.

I posted this in another thread, but Good Burger 2 is coming to Paramount+...

Speaking of bring things back.... The ORIGINAL Power Rangers are coming back for a 30th anniversary special! *See tweet below for trailer*

I was never that into Power Ranges, but I do remember watching parts of the first season as a kid and I had some of they toys from McDonalds. To bad they couldn't have done this sooner... R.I.P. Trini and, especially Tommy. T_T I would have loved to seem him back doing all his bad-ass martial arts.

Live Fearlessly — Tommy & Trini in MMPR 2x10 - Welcome To Venus...

It's kind of funny this gets announced, because recently I've been watching the original Power Rangers on Pluto TV and I absolutely love how cheesy and 90's it is. :P  BTW, they better keep that kick-ass theme song, and not just have this ochastrated version that's in the trailer. That theme song is literally the best part! :D 

EDIT: I didn't realize this had already been announced.

Edited by alienboyva
On 3/22/2023 at 6:34 PM, alienboyva said:

I posted this in another thread, but Good Burger 2 is coming to Paramount+...

Speaking of bring things back.... The ORIGINAL Power Rangers are coming back for a 30th anniversary special! *See tweet below for trailer*

I was never that into Power Ranges, but I do remember watching parts of the first season as a kid and I had some of they toys from McDonalds. To bad they couldn't have done this sooner... R.I.P. Trini and, especially Tommy. T_T I would have loved to seem him back doing all his bad-ass martial arts.

Live Fearlessly — Tommy & Trini in MMPR 2x10 - Welcome To Venus...

It's kind of funny this gets announced, because recently I've been watching the original Power Rangers on Pluto TV and I absolutely love how cheesy and 90's it is. :P  BTW, they better keep that kick-ass theme song, and not just have this ochastrated version that's in the trailer. That theme song is literally the best part! :D 

EDIT: I didn't realize this had already been announced.

I'm not into Power Rangers, but I've been watching a lot of Super Sentai on Pluto TV lol.

It was nice to find out earlier that the Zyuranger sentai that Mighty Morphin was based on is on Tubi.

There was some sentai before Zyuranger in the 80’s that they tried to Americanize, but wasn’t really a success. In the 90’s though it was a big success. Can thank the dinosaur theme of Zyuranger/MMPR for that I guess.

The Once And Always trailer threw me for a surprise with Rita. Her VA’s still got it, along with Alpha Five’s. I guess it figures they would give some in-universe reason for Trini being gone because of her actress while still paying homage to her, but it’s going to be an emotional ride regardless.

I heard earlier that JDF turned down being in this before he passed away (by some that knew him), so will take what I can get with whoever this other green ranger is. Amy Jo Johnson did the same. Would’ve preferred Jason too, but a mix between the old (Zack and Billy) and new (Rocky and Kat) of Mighty Morphin is reasonable, considering. 

Shazam 2 was better than the 1st.  I don't get the hate on it.

As far as dcu goes,  wb and DC are directionless on how they want to proceed with a interconnected spin off and team up collab like marvel pulled off .  They don't have to do marvel, but they need a plan.

John wick 4 was solid 

3/29 mandalorian episode.....whoa...

I understand Shazam fights two old ladies and some CGI dragon instead of what the end credits scene of the first film was setting up with Sivana.

This is the only place on the internet I’ve actually seen positive reception for Shazam 2 which even then is more than I expected. Any finalized thoughts I might give once I see it on HBO Max at some point, but it’s just DCEU leftovers in the grand scheme of things. James Gunn’s DCU is the plan moving forward.

On 3/29/2023 at 9:27 PM, purple_beard said:

John wick 4 was solid 

Chapter 4 was fucking awesome! That last act and the ending tho... SO GOOD!  :D 

Speaking of John Wick, apparently they are considering a Chapter 5....

Without spoiling Ch. 4, do we really need a Ch. 5?

I know enough from Secret invasion so similar to TotK, I don't need to see anymore but I'm also not against watching anything new for the heck of it.

Saw that Blue Beetle trailer for the first time here, hmm...pretty good, pretty good.

Comes out a week after my b-day. I think that is a worthy movie to see on my b-day month.