General movie discussion

EH_STEVE

35 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Oh right I forgot, What if that was good, tho of course not canon to the MCU.

The only other Marvel TV show on Disney+ was Moon Knight. I agree with you for different reasons why that show just didn't hit for me. Opposite reasons for Ms. Marvel did hit for me and was worth the watch to me.

Yeah, it is easy to look at what was misses for you in phase 4 and that just irks your view for this phase so far but despite what ppl would look at shakey, it's not that bad but I am glad there seems to be a goal. I'm sure most did it was just hard where you had to watch the connective tissue from for phase 4 or if they connect. For some there wasn't if you were looking for that that may hamper your joy like Moon Knight. I either knew before, during or after all the episodes aired it's loosely connected to the MCU. Not saying knowing that helped me enjoyed it more but it sure did put things in perspective what this show was trying to provide what MCU lacked.

To me the last 2 episodes of Moon Knight sure did redeem in my book why the series it worth a watch.

Well, they've set it up that they connect to each other with post and end credit teasers, in-movie/show cameos, and overarching plot points....

Well, they are spinning off the Zombies What If episode to its own series.  And What If brought up the Dr. Strange(s) ... and Captain Britain (aka Peggy Carter)

Moon Knight's final episode, with what little I read up on Wiki about him as a character... and the associated characters.... leaves a lot open....  I thought the Typhoid Mary in JJ was a good (crap, was it IF or LC?) with how here mentals got broken and she was leading two very different lives with two different objectives....

8 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Well, they've set it up that they connect to each other with post and end credit teasers, in-movie/show cameos, and overarching plot points....

Well, they are spinning off the Zombies What If episode to its own series.  And What If brought up the Dr. Strange(s) ... and Captain Britain (aka Peggy Carter)

Moon Knight's final episode, with what little I read up on Wiki about him as a character... and the associated characters.... leaves a lot open....  I thought the Typhoid Mary in JJ was a good (crap, was it IF or LC?) with how here mentals got broken and she was leading two very different lives with two different objectives....

First sentence is a thing most ppl who see Marvel movie should know but thanks for the recap.

All the episodes of What if you mentioned they are can to the comic and in a multiverse sense as phase 4, 5, and 6 is the multiverse saga. But in general of the movies and shows no they are not canon.

2 hours ago, DLurkster said:

First sentence is a thing most ppl who see Marvel movie should know but thanks for the recap.

All the episodes of What if you mentioned they are can to the comic and in a multiverse sense as phase 4, 5, and 6 is the multiverse saga. But in general of the movies and shows no they are not canon.

Zombie Strange, Captain Birtain, and ..... did show in Dr. Strange Multiverse of Madness....so they are movie series canon.  I've seen Marvel did a Marvel Zombies line of comics.... but as how that and the What If are actually related, I can't tell you I know...

Arguably "Spiderverse" multiverse concepts via Miles Morales train of thought are a thing, now with how No Way Home did it....  admittedly I'd be a IDK on that one... outside the movies.

15 hours ago, purple_beard said:

Zombie Strange, Captain Birtain, and ..... did show in Dr. Strange Multiverse of Madness....so they are movie series canon.  I've seen Marvel did a Marvel Zombies line of comics.... but as how that and the What If are actually related, I can't tell you I know...

Arguably "Spiderverse" multiverse concepts via Miles Morales train of thought are a thing, now with how No Way Home did it....  admittedly I'd be a IDK on that one... outside the movies.

Yeah, like the movies themselves based on the comic and multiverse variants of Zombie Strange, Captain Carter and other Captain Marvel as well. I believe I have said this before the actor that played Richard Reed in MOM doesn't need to look the same he could be someone else cause multiverses. Same goes if we see another Tony Stark or cameo of original for some reason too.

Yes, that was a good Easter egg in No Way Home with the black spider-man hinting at live-action Miles Morales. All you bring up are reference that may or may not happen or be related to the MCU as whole. I get getting excited over it but to think they will lead to reality to happen, I wouldn't put too much hope in that. It was nice they were all there in the first place and I am grateful for that.

3 hours ago, DLurkster said:

Yeah, like the movies themselves based on the comic and multiverse variants of Zombie Strange, Captain Carter and other Captain Marvel as well. I believe I have said this before the actor that played Richard Reed in MOM doesn't need to look the same he could be someone else cause multiverses. Same goes if we see another Tony Stark or cameo of original for some reason too.

Yes, that was a good Easter egg in No Way Home with the black spider-man hinting at live-action Miles Morales. All you bring up are reference that may or may not happen or be related to the MCU as whole. I get getting excited over it but to think they will lead to reality to happen, I wouldn't put too much hope in that. It was nice they were all there in the first place and I am grateful for that.

Didn't notice a reference to Miles Morales....  but his own animated movies got into multiverse.  No Way Home got the movie related multiverse going.

Wasn't it Reed Richards as Mr. Fantastic?  I don't know if that guy in MoM was supposed to be the guy for the upcoming F4 movie or not...  Honestly, I thought the cast of the first two was great... movies were on a upward trend  ( liked Silver Surfer a lot more)....  I saw portions of their reboot... nah bruh....   But an interesting multiverse play would be  Chris Evans as The Human Torch... as he played in him the first two F4 movies. ...and then did Captain America of course LOL.

On 7/24/2022 at 12:44 PM, purple_beard said:

I think when all this started that if that first iron man didn't do the business it did we wouldn't have gotten this far with it.  Then to basically nail actors and stories to get you to captain America, Thor, Avengers, guardians of the galaxy, ant-man....to Spiderman....   now you are having to transition out into the next wave...  it's tough, but they haven't done a BAD MCU movie yet....keeping the run going wil be tough because of having to transition out of major characters to mid/lower level characters as well as incorporating the FOX properties...   Along with the complicated synergy of movies, tv, and animation....  while battling super hero fatigue...

That's a good point, Marvel's casting choices have been far more hit than miss to the point that it's hard to imagine any one else playing those roles.  But to your later point, I do not envy Marvel having to juggle all these movies/shows and having them link up organically.  A huge undertaking to be sure but the pay off is great!

44 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Didn't notice a reference to Miles Morales....  but his own animated movies got into multiverse.  No Way Home got the movie related multiverse going.

Wasn't it Reed Richards as Mr. Fantastic?  I don't know if that guy in MoM was supposed to be the guy for the upcoming F4 movie or not...  Honestly, I thought the cast of the first two was great... movies were on a upward trend  ( liked Silver Surfer a lot more)....  I saw portions of their reboot... nah bruh....   But an interesting multiverse play would be  Chris Evans as The Human Torch... as he played in him the first two F4 movies. ...and then did Captain America of course LOL.

Oh my bad again. You were talking about the into the spiderverse with Miles Morales. Yeah, easy to mix up tho Miles was not in No Way Home obviously but the black comment yeah and that movie had multiverse of Spider-Mans on a smaller scale compare into the spiderverse.

30 minutes ago, Kezay said:

That's a good point, Marvel's casting choices have been far more hit than miss to the point that it's hard to imagine any one else playing those roles.  But to your later point, I do not envy Marvel having to juggle all these movies/shows and having them link up organically.  A huge undertaking to be sure but the pay off is great!

Yeah, same here but they have not let the movie goers down with casting and directors, especially directors.

Despite as I said, (broken record here) phase 4 had a few stumbles to some but they will be alright. I knew they would before the plans for phase 5 and 6 it just confirms the whole multiverse I thought and most thought this is all going. Some may worry like PB mentioning of previous actors replaying characters from a previous iterations of Fox/Marvel films like Fantastic 4. I'm down for it and have no worries of it going to off the walls, I don't think it will as it appears for now there's no consequences actions in this saga or actors/characters.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

That was your first theatrical DB experience? You really missed out with Battle of the Gods and DBS Broly then.

I don't remember the circumstances, but there were reasons why I never watched those movies in the theaters. I think they weren't wildly shown in any theater where I live in. I don't remember.  

Thank gosh video games helped me fill in the blanks. I do have DBS Broly on DVD... but there is a TRUTH I know that will make watching that movie bittersweet. 

Liked episode 2 of she hulk.  Interesting play with abomination,  almost want to re-watch that one again.

Who has watched inhumane?  I saw it hit d+ and watched it...felt like they did/didn't put enough put enough money in it unlike agents of shield.   Speaking of that, seems they both got into the terragenesis stuff....

This The Runaways show seems interesting.... weren't these the kids from Logan?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...