General movie discussion

EH_STEVE

47 minutes ago, "Casual Trash" Kirbys said:

Speaking about Cap. Didn't this movie feel like Winter Soldier in some regards with how the evil plan was about

How so?  I mean I'll give you the mind control angle with the girls from the Red Room and the Hydra brain programming tactics used on Winter Soldier.  I mean, maybe you could argue their tactics could start sleeper cells more easily and easier to program than you average Hydra/Winter Soldier brain programming....  I'd almost have to watch Civil War again for how Captain America and Winter Soldier discuss that hit squad Winter Soldier was a part of that they found their cryogenic chambers in that abandoned Siberian stronghold.

On 7/12/2021 at 6:06 PM, purple_beard said:

How so?  I mean I'll give you the mind control angle with the girls from the Red Room and the Hydra brain programming tactics used on Winter Soldier.  I mean, maybe you could argue their tactics could start sleeper cells more easily and easier to program than you average Hydra/Winter Soldier brain programming....  I'd almost have to watch Civil War again for how Captain America and Winter Soldier discuss that hit squad Winter Soldier was a part of that they found their cryogenic chambers in that abandoned Siberian stronghold.

And how they used their puppets to gain more power by killing important people. 

• 4 weeks later...

Got around to seeing the new Suicide Squad earlier, and had a good time. Was By far the best of Margot's Harley too. Shark King I expectedly loved also.

The character Bloodsport was added as a current replacement for Deadshot. The actor was gonna replace Will Smith as Deadshot at first, but they put Bloodsport in his place in part so Smith could have a shot at playing Deadshot again in the future. Smart move, and Bloodsport’s a cool character too, so it worked out.

Haven't seen Black Widow yet still, but will try to at some point. Was iffy on it though after how I heard they did Taskmaster. Then of course there was the Scarlet Johansson lawsuit on Disney going on which got met with mixed reactions.

On 8/14/2021 at 3:14 AM, Ridley Prime said:

Got around to seeing the new Suicide Squad earlier, and had a good time. Was By far the best of Margot's Harley too. Shark King I expectedly loved also.

The character Bloodsport was added as a current replacement for Deadshot. The actor was gonna replace Will Smith as Deadshot at first, but they put Bloodsport in his place in part so Smith could have a shot at playing Deadshot again in the future. Smart move, and Bloodsport’s a cool character too, so it worked out.

Haven't seen Black Widow yet still, but will try to at some point. Was iffy on it though after how I heard they did Taskmaster. Then of course there was the Scarlet Johansson lawsuit on Disney going on which got met with mixed reactions.

I liked black widow.

I think scarlet has merit about monies owed to her via box office performance incentives and the studio doing box office and tv/streaming....they might should have altered terms so she could get some from both considering how it finally got released.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, purple_beard said:

Shang-Chi / theater

--Not bad, had some really good humor bits and some cool story tie ins.  The story was interesting but I kind of want to read some details to catch some stuff off wikipedia because I felt there were some character history stuff that was important.

Spoiler

It only makes me wonder what they are building with the mid-credits especially Bruce going back after professor hulk

11 minutes ago, "Casual Trash" Kirbys said:

Hide contents

It only makes me wonder what they are building with the mid-credits especially Bruce going back after professor hulk

Spoiler

I only know what the movies are presenting me....but you see Dr Strange's universe getting in with Shang-chi and Spiderman movies....   Then you got Black Widows stuff tying in some other things.... and its quite possible the NEW Dr. Strange movie along with the new Captain Marvel and Eternals stuff is going to dig deep into what the ENDS of Shang-chi got into....   Just saying.....   I dont seen a Thanos Infinity Gauntlet tie out there quite yet but... I'm not familiar enough with the lore to make official statements but some things seem like they have something in mind.

42 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Hide contents

I only know what the movies are presenting me....but you see Dr Strange's universe getting in with Shang-chi and Spiderman movies....   Then you got Black Widows stuff tying in some other things.... and its quite possible the NEW Dr. Strange movie along with the new Captain Marvel and Eternals stuff is going to dig deep into what the ENDS of Shang-chi got into....   Just saying.....   I dont seen a Thanos Infinity Gauntlet tie out there quite yet but... I'm not familiar enough with the lore to make official statements but some things seem like they have something in mind.

Spoiler

I only imagine it being Kang the Conquerer coming and boy if they thought Thanos was something...

Story wise the sequels were meh, but had some of the best fight scenes in the series, so I have something of a soft spot for them. This Resurrections feels like a soft reboot more than anything though. Has the potential to be a return to form, but it'll likely be successful regardless just off the "it's back" nostalgia.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2021 at 12:35 AM, "Casual Trash" Kirbys said:

Loved the new Venom movie. Also mid credits because do do do do Marvel

It wasn't  bad...  didn't  like them not expounding on why venom is so concerned about carnage being a red one.

Mid credits makes for interesting discussion.   Was there a post credits?