General movie discussion

EH_STEVE

21 hours ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

Soul. Honestly, glad I saw this too.

As for WW84, not everyone will enjoy it. But I haven’t watched much movies this year, and because I’m one of the unlucky saps who can’t work at my local movie theater now... I honestly needed this. 

I've heard good things about Soul.

I saw WW84 tonight, it was pretty solid IMO.

15 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Just rewatched Robin Hood: Men in Tights. Still love it. 8/10

Saw this back in December. 

Akira - 8/10

Pretty good movie. It almost seems to be an allegory about nuclear energy.

I still have never seen Akira

On 1/11/2021 at 8:36 AM, EH_STEVE said:

I still have never seen Akira

Its not a bad anime per se' and while I don't dislike it I wouldn't say it would have "universal" appeal.  Nothing against its SciFi nature but amine from that time I am more into would be like Golgo13, Ninja Scroll, and the original Ghost in the Shell.  Maybe some Vampire Hunter D ( although, truth be told, I was more into the sequel).

13 hours ago, purple_beard said:

Its not a bad anime per se' and while I don't dislike it I wouldn't say it would have "universal" appeal.  Nothing against its SciFi nature but amine from that time I am more into would be like Golgo13, Ninja Scroll, and the original Ghost in the Shell.  Maybe some Vampire Hunter D ( although, truth be told, I was more into the sequel).

It's more that it's one "the" animes people always mention and hits a lot of like top 10 lists.

Cox Spotted On "Spider-Man" Set? - Dark Horizons

Hmm.  I'd say I liked all of the casting for the Marvel shows from Netflix.  Maybe now that some of the rights deals between Disney, Fox, Netflix, and Marvel get right it can actually be a reality those actors get to reprise them.

Allen Still Hopeful For "Galaxy Quest 2" - Dark Horizons

Man, I'd love a sequel.  I thought the first one was great.... basically Star Wars/Spaceballs equivalent for Star Trek.

19 hours ago, "Casual Trash" Kirbys said:

I am betting those two will fight, see a different more powerful threat, team up to destroy it, and become mutual allies. 

So kinda like BvS

Basically. I'm pretty sure they already announced another Godzilla aside from this one after King of the Monsters, same with King Kong...

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, "Casual Trash" Kirbys said:

Sonic the Movie 2 coming in 2022! adsfdsajsrdpgdfskw;aMNRGLOKEW]Qrklfk[]rghkljm[]psadfihqkporjfojpfjodjnp3qkopjpwkppkowgrjkfp[;jeobj[jenboujfobj[ehnp0kowq

YUP! On April 8th 2022. I'm really looking forward to this. The first movie was way better than I would have ever expected it to be. Sonic was so damn lovable with a mix of his classic and modern attitude/personality. I absolutely can not imagine what this movie would have been like if they had used the original design they had going for Sonic. I can almost guarantee it would have ruined it for me.

Nice touch with the Emerald Hill Zone music from Sonic The Hedgehog 2. ;) 

Edited by alienboyva