General movie discussion

EH_STEVE

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw The Muppets: Most Wanted kinda recently. It's definitely a better movie than the one before it. Funny moments and catchy songs all around. :)

Man, i really miss these smilies. The mainstream media should replace their emojis with these suckers. They have way more charm and personality compared to their Gen Z counterparts. 

https://cosmicbook.news/henry-cavill-superman-supergirl

https://trinikid.com/supergirl-out-henry-cavill-in-as-he-comes-back-as-superman-rumors-say

Yes! Hopefully this pans out. Also Wonder Woman 3 pretty much confirmed I guess, tying in to the present time. Likely would've known about this sooner and saw some leadup to it had we gotten to see WW 1984 during its original release time if not for COVID, but good to know still there is that to also look forward to in the meantime.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

An Inconvenient Sequel - Truth to Power - 7/10

A pretty good documentary about Al Gore continuing to fight for the environment.

Sonic the Hedgehog  - 6/10

Liked Sonic and his humor, was disappointed in Dr. Robotnik and his humor. Cringed at a lot of it.

Loved seeing Tails.

Superman - Red Son - 7/10

Liked this ok enough. Pretty good story and take on Superman's life if he lived over in the Soviet Union.

1917 - 9/10

Good war movie. Shows kind of what soldiers might have gone though during the first World War. Almost teared up at the end.

Contagion -  8/10

Very good movie about how a virus spreads. Really frightening and relevant these days.

Onward - 8/10; but in terms of overall, including life lessons, 10/10.

It's a solid cartoon that teaches the main character to believe in himself and grow and for his older brother to do the same as well, in his own way.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • 1 month later...

Oh, also watched 'Ip Man 4' - absolutely loved it, love the series, great films. And 'Color Out Of Space' - it's a Lovecraft story with just the right amount of crazy Nicholas Cage.

Don't watch 'Slenderman' - it's a piece of garbage.

So, does that mean you need a D+ sub on top of that? 

Damn! I know they need to make up for not being in theaters, but $30 for a movie?! Guess I'll wait until it hits DVD/Blu-Ray/Digital.

I see some people trying to defend this by saying, "A family of 4 would spend that much or more to go see a movie." Or "If it's just yourself, you'd spend about that much if you include snacks and travel/parking." <-- 1. Free parking at theaters near me. 2. How much snacks you people buying? o_O' The Cinemark theater near me has $5 tickets all day on Tuesdays, if you sign up for their free rewards program (How I saw Sonic). Plus, my local 2nd-run theater has tickets for $5 (How I saw Detective Pikachu) and tickets for $2 all day on Tuesdays (How I saw SW: Rise of Skywalker). So, speeding $30 bucks to see a movie is way too much for me, man! BTW, it makes me wonder how many people will pirate the movie because of this...? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Doctor Sleep - Creepy at times, but I was very disappointed by the third act. It was anticlimactic to say the least. Liked the book ending much more.

Overall I give it a 6/10, in terms of everything, including the story; 8/10 if I just included the tension, acting and special effects.

On 9/11/2020 at 11:46 PM, Doc Brown said:

Doctor Sleep - Creepy at times, but I was very disappointed by the third act. It was anticlimactic to say the least. Liked the book ending much more.

Overall I give it a 6/10, in terms of everything, including the story; 8/10 if I just included the tension, acting and special effects.

IDK, I liked it, but it "WASN'T" The Shining II--which is what I think hurt my enjoyment of it.  It actually took the special features to clue me on those hunters of those with the shine.

1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

IDK, I liked it, but it "WASN'T" The Shining II--which is what I think hurt my enjoyment of it.  It actually took the special features to clue me on those hunters of those with the shine.

Ah. Wasn't expecting it to be. Just didn't like the outcome. Too depressing, I guess.

Didn't have time to watch them, as it was a rental.