General movie discussion

EH_STEVE

Huh...

Still haven't seen Birds of Prey due to being busy with other things for awhile, but I lowkey still want to see it, though could go either way at this point as far as while it's still at the cinema. The Sonic film I have similar feelings on, but glad it's doing well. Surpassed Detective Pikachu in opening weekend sales even. Fans needn't make it a Pokemon/Nintendo vs Sonic/Sega thing though. I'd just be glad that we well killed the video game movie curse, for now at least.

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo 2-4/BR
--Finished the first one a week or so ago and decided to go ahead and finish out the original trilogy.  Then, just to cap it off, the 4th one.  A good series IMO.

Sonic The Hedgehog/theater
--Pretty good IMO.  Jim Carey was fantastic.

Mortal Kombat, MK Annihilation, MK Legacy/BR
--Was in a video game movie mode after watching Sonic.  I think the first one and Legacy are the best two.  Annihilation isn't bad but one wonders what happened after the first MK where they basically gutted the cast aside Liu Kang and ____ and went back at it, especially when the first one ended like a sequel would be coming.

Dr. No/dvd
--After reading that rumor article tied to No Time To Die I had to rewatch it.  Probably one of my favorite Connery Bonds.

The Expendables 2/BR
--Just a bad ass action movie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

6393929_sa.jpg

Only a cool $250 at Best Buy.

I'm just getting RotS individually though. I've already got the Original Trilogy dvd box set, the prequel trilogy on dvd, the BluRay box set of 1-6, and then the last two individually so I am good. I only wish he'd somehow put back out the original theatrical cuts of original trilogy and I don't buy the excuses as to why they haven't. For the original cuts I'd have to go back to my VHS box set.

2 hours ago, purple_beard said:

6393929_sa.jpg

Only a cool $250 at Best Buy.

I'm just getting RotS individually though. I've already got the Original Trilogy dvd box set, the prequel trilogy on dvd, the BluRay box set of 1-6, and then the last two individually so I am good. I only wish he'd somehow put back out the original theatrical cuts of original trilogy and I don't buy the excuses as to why they haven't. For the original cuts I'd have to go back to my VHS box set.

Wow. That's pricey, but that's all 9 Star Wars films in the Skywalker saga so it better be worth the huge price.

Huh... Speaking of Star Wars, recently rewatched Solo again on Netflix, and it’s still got it for me in terms of being my favorite film to come out of the Disney era. Not perfect, but see I should’ve rated it higher in my earlier list now.

So how many notable movies this year will have been delayed because of corona? Wonder Woman 2 for instance was originally set for this month, but guess we won’t see it out for some time now.

1 hour ago, Ridley Prime said:

Huh... Speaking of Star Wars, recently rewatched Solo again on Netflix, and it’s still got it for me in terms of being my favorite film to come out of the Disney era. Not perfect, but see I should’ve rated it higher in my earlier list now.

Rogue One was their best effort.

19 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Rogue One was their best effort.

A common respectable take, but most of Rogue One’s characters didn’t resonate with me enough for me to find the film that memorable or rewatchable. Vader’s few scenes I would argue were the best, but Solo had more fanservice throwbacks that I enjoyed. 

3 minutes ago, Ridley Prime said:

A common respectable take, but most of Rogue One’s characters didn’t resonate with me enough for me to find the film that memorable or rewatchable. Vader’s few scenes I would argue were the best, but Solo had more fanservice throwbacks that I enjoyed. 

I don't think Solo was bad.  I only thought the whole Lando and his robot deal was just really weird.  But, it was a tough call to be the guy named Solo after Harrison Ford.  That said, for playing the "young" version he did ok in my book.

But I got way more into Rogue One.