General movie discussion

EH_STEVE

6 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

Still undecided on wanting to see Terminator Dark Fate... I’ll probably see it some point soon, but kinda on the fence about it.

Reviews have been strong for it, saying its the best since T2.

That said, as much as I like the action in this series and even its base premise, its time travel conclusions leave me saying this series has tons of logic gaps.

On 10/29/2019 at 7:33 PM, purple_beard said:

Reviews have been strong for it, saying its the best since T2.

That said, as much as I like the action in this series and even its base premise, its time travel conclusions leave me saying this series has tons of logic gaps.

Yeah, am glad I ended up seeing it, and the reviews weren't wrong in that sense.

Unfortunately, seems it has still bombed like the previous sequels. Like we finally get another proper Terminator film, but it was too late. People were fed up with the franchise. For what it is though, I'm fine with Dark Fate being possibly the last main entry of the series. Can say too that Arnold's character in it gets a decent amount more action than what the trailers would have you believe, just they saved him for the 2nd half of the film, but the way they handled Arnold's sendoff gave me a satisfying sense of finality to it.

All that's left for me this year mainly far as movies is Frozen II and then the Rise of Skywalker... And what a year it has been for cinema. There won't be another overall lineup quite like 2019 for awhile, I feel.

Now, this is Sonic (I know he doesn't have the connected eyes, but he still look great)! He's kind of got a mix of classic and modern Sonic, IMO.Though, I have one minor complaint....WHY ARE HIS ARMS STILL BLUE?! They were so close! T_T  I actually kind of want to see this now! :P 

Still, I can't help but wonder if they released that trailer with their original design for Sonic (which SEGA was not happy with) just to get people talking about the movie. I know CG animation takes quite a bit of time, so it makes me think they were already working on his redesign well before the redesign announcement (especially since the movie was only pushed back a few months). I mean we didn't have to wait too long after the announcement to get the redesign trailer. 

Edited by alienboyva

I've seen quite a few movies recently since I've been back here in Nashville. Also saw a bunch over the summer when I went to visit @ArmoredFrog but these are just the ones I've seen in the past month or two. 

Joker- Pretty decent, Joaquin Phoenix was pretty amazing, not sure if Heath Ledger good, but still a solid performance. 

The Lighthouse- Really cool B&W movie with Robert Pattinson and Wilem Dafoe as lighthouse watchers. Really creepy movie. 

The Current War- Great biopic of the great "War of Currents" between Thomas Edison and George Westinghouse. Benedict Cumberbatch and Michael Shannon turned in great performances as Edison and Westinghouse respectively. 

Terminator: Dark Fate- 3rd best Terminator movie. Forget about the sequels after T2 and consider this one the true sequel to Terminator 2. 

Jojo Rabbit- Taika Waititi as Adolf Hitler, need I say more? :P

Ford v. Ferrari- Christian Bale and Matt Damon in an exhilarating car movie. 

Charlie's Angels- 2 hours of mindless popcorn action. 

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood- Tom Hanks as Mister Rogers in an incredible performance. 

On 11/27/2019 at 3:00 PM, Ridley Prime said:

Heard the current Charlie's Angels was kinda boring and as one who loved the early 2000's films, was disappointed to hear. Might see it at some point though, but for now, gonna see Frozen 2 soon...

Man, I come from loving catching reruns of the original tv show.  I found Drew Barrymore's early 00s reboot ok at best.  Not bad, but not great, primarily because I think they kind of upped the cheese a little too much versus most episodes of the tv show.  I do actually want to check it out, but on the cheap.

On 12/8/2019 at 5:24 PM, Ridley Prime said:

Looks good. The James Bond I’ll have to consider as well.

WW did look good.  I hope they can keep it up.  But with how good Aquaman was and the prior Wonder Woman, one has to wonder how Justice League can't get right.  How after Man of Steel and Batman vs. Superman they can't get Superman back in the groove.  I actually thought Ben was good as Batman for the age he was playing him at.  It will be interseting to see how Birds of Prey and The Batman go though...

Edited by purple_beard