General movie discussion

EH_STEVE

http://www.darkhorizons.com/django-unchained-getting-a-directors-cut/

Interesting.

So, first, I had seen Hateful Eight as a 4 part episode on NF but was like wait....the movie was long to begin with I hadn't heard of a DC for it.  I haven't had time to watch the 4 episodes of that DC of the movie but I just might.  I wonder if really changes somethings like it is asserted in the article.

Second, I did like Django a lot.  Not sure what else could be added to fill out any holes.  I mean, I would probably like some more background on the bounty hunter but....  Maybe a prior period where Django and his girl were together before the breakup....

Third, I think Kill Bill would be a prime candidate for this.  However, I think KB 1 was a complete movie IMO.  KB 2 had its moments but it was no KB 1.  KB 1 + 2 woven together into one long movie would be a good idea as I think the concept would come out better as a overall viewing and not two separate entities.

1. Why are they just now saying this? They new from the leaked pics that fans were massively unhappy. ...Hell, we even herd SEGA wasn't happy with Sonic's design!

2. Would they delay the movie for this?

Even though the plot is kind of lame, literally all they have to do is this and the move would be 100 times better...

*See? Now, this looks friendly. What we got, looks absolutely terrifying!

...But if they are going to delay they move to fix sonic, they should really just do this...

BJskged.jpg?1

Seriously...You're working with another companies IP and well known character, why do you feel you need to drastically change said character to fit you "artistic "vision"? >_> YOU CAN'T DO THAT!

Edited by alienboyva

Can't really recall a time before when a video game movie's staff actually took feedback, so I guess I'm just more pleased than I should be at the whole attempting to fix Sonic's design thing, late as it is to do so. I hope any similarly panned films in the future at least take some feedback like this, preferably earlier in production than what we got here. Jim Carrey's Robotnik I think will be entertaining, but don't care too much for it otherwise.

Had some delays at first, but will be seeing Avengers End Game this coming Saturday. With movies that big I generally don't mind waiting a week or so, especially if I have a lot of work days.

Edited by Ridley Prime

While I didn't end up having tears (nowadays that tends to only happen with me when a character death hits home for me on a personal level I guess), I will say the main two deaths had me clutching my hands, so to speak. The whole movie was a successful emotional journey though, especially compared to pretty much all the previous Marvel films. This was a finale that truly paid off. I know there'll still be Guardians of the Galaxy volume 3 and such which I'll probably check out on occasion, but End Game felt conclusive enough to me for being invested in the MCU to the point I had. Will mainly be waiting for the transition of X-Men and such as far as what comes next. Will still check out Dark Pheonix that said, to see how the Fox universe wraps up.

Can't wait for SpiderMan: Far From Home. Trailer in Spoilers since well the movie happens after Endgame 

Spoiler

It looks like Mysterio and the Elementals came by thanks to the events of Thanos's and Starks snaps in both of the movies creating a dimensional rift. Mysterio is a good guy of another dimension of Earth 

Edited by Kirbymeister2
15 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

The Spider-Man Far From Home trailer looked interesting, but not sure if I'll see it when it's first out, mainly due to how many other movies I still have on my radar. It's crazy how many hits are coming out this year.

This month alone my wife and I plan to see Detective Pikachu, Godzilla, and Brightburn

Keep forgetting Avatar was a thing. Sure it made money, but outside of reigniting a 3D era for cinema and the effects at the time, it was just a forgettable Pocahontas in space.

Doubt all those long awaited sequels will do as well, but we’ll see I guess.

Also, that list kinda solidifies for me that Disney won’t top their 2019 lineup.

Edited by Ridley Prime
1 hour ago, Ridley Prime said:

Keep forgetting Avatar was a thing. Sure it made money, but outside of reigniting a 3D era for cinema and the effects at the time, it was just a forgettable Pocahontas in space.

Doubt all those long awaited sequels will do as well, but we’ll see I guess.

Also, that list kinda solidifies for me that Disney won’t top their 2019 lineup.

My feelings too. Avatar is nothing special in my eyes. Hipster backlash here!

10 minutes ago, Kirbymeister2 said:

Sorry while in my madness of being a bad troll, I should've put in spoilers that it wasn't the real movie but a kind of "Rick Roll". 

But it's really not a spoiler. If you go "here's the full movie" and people click it, they shouldn't be mad if it delivers on being the ACTUAL full movie.